Forums > Windsurfing Tasmania

2020 Tasmanian Windsurfer Championships - Sat 28/Sun 29 Nov - Sandy Bay Sailing Club

Created by Jo Chau > 9 months ago, 30 Oct 2020
Jo Chau
TAS, 29 posts
30 Oct 2020 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Entry will be open to all Windsurfer (LT & One Design) and R300 Class (includes Bic Techno 293).

This year sees the introduction to the "Cruiser Division" a shorter course for those that have never raced, are returning back from racing, have just started windsurfing or for those that want to ease back in after winter. The Notice of Race will follow shortly, for any questions please contact Jo Chau on 0428 248 168.

MatStirl
TAS, 136 posts
10 Nov 2020 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Jo.
Hopefully we get about 15 entrants.

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
18 Nov 2020 6:41AM
Thumbs Up

Could a WT committee member please post a link for WT membership cost and payment methods.
So I can make my membership current for the upcoming events this season.

Mort67
TAS, 423 posts
18 Nov 2020 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Here's the link to membership Paul (below),

Social membership has been re-named to Affilliate Membership to reflect the WCAA members who are joining for the AWA 3rd Party Insurance Cover (single discipline).
Competitor Membership for multi event and consideration for awards.
Membership costs have been held the same as the past few years.

windsurfing-tas.tidyhq.com/public/membership_levels

Cheers,
Mort

Jo Chau
TAS, 29 posts
22 Nov 2020 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Paul apologies I don't check Seabreeze often and I just tried to duplicate a post from the "Southern Windsurfer" facebook page but it didn't work. Below is a screen shot.

In a nutshell:

If you are not a member of a sailing club you will need to register for a SailPass which is $20 each day.

You will need WT membership for TPL which is $35 for an Affiliate.

You will need to join WCAA (no insurance option) $40 as you will be sailing a LT.

Lastly you will need to enter. Also if you can let me know re dinner would be great.

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
23 Nov 2020 6:12AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Jo,
The links posted are incomplete. I am one in the increasing number of people who want nothing to do with Facebook or its covert apps.
I appreciate the extra effort needed to duplicate info on this great purpose built on demand platform. Which has seemingly been abandoned for the most part in favour of intrusive apps and insidious social media.
Come back everyone. Make Seabreeze Great Again.
Disclaimer; no affiliation with GOP.

Mort67
TAS, 423 posts
23 Nov 2020 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

I think these are the links Relic (diligently Googled - that other bastion of personal information security and privacy) ....

www.revolutionise.com.au/sandybaysailing/temporary-member/
www.revolutionise.com.au/sandybaysailing/eventsregister/81566/
www.windsurferclassaus.com/class--membership.html
windsurfing-tas.tidyhq.com/public/membership_levels

Excerpt from the Notice of Race: (download at www.revolutionise.com.au/sandybaysailing/events/81566/)

Windsurfers
Boards eligible to enter:
R300 Windsurfer Boards (as per the approved list) with a maximum sail of 8.5.Windsurfer Class Board including Windsurfer LT, Windsurfer One Design and original windsurfers using class supplied and approved equipment.

All Must have a unique sail number, displayed in accordance with the R300 Windsurfing Rules and Windsurfer Class Rules.
All competitors shall be a financial member of an Australian Sailing affiliated club; and
Have current AWA (Australian Windsurfing Association) 3rd party liability insurance either through WT or WCAA or another officiated AWA state or club based organisation.
For Windsurfer Class competitors to be a financial member of WCAA. 3.4

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
23 Nov 2020 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Tried Sandy Bay Sailing Club web site to make registration and payment. It will not accept it.
Can competitors fill out a hard copy and hand over the $20 on the day? I'll bring a can of industrial strength isopropyl disinfectant to make sure the bank notes and pens are sterile in order they pose no risk to anyone.

Jo Chau
TAS, 29 posts
24 Nov 2020 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Paul, I think you got it sorted with the links I texted you?

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
24 Nov 2020 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

The revolutionise.com.au site will not accept payment even if done using a PC.
The sites name is ironic; There is nothing revolutionary about it. I've wasted all the time I am willing to.
Enjoy the regatta Sat & Sun. I'm scratched.

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
25 Nov 2020 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

The entry is difficult. I filled out the form a number of times but couldn't get to the payment screen. I finally worked it out though. After you select the class, the windsurfer state titles, there is a line that says "windsurfer state titles attendee" and a box with no indication of what should go in it. When I finally wrote "yes" in the box it allowed me to go to the payment screen.
I would assume that Ja Si and Oui might also work.

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
25 Nov 2020 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

The entry is difficult. I filled out the form a number of times but couldn't get to the payment screen. I finally worked it out though. After you select the class, the windsurfer state titles, there is a line that says "windsurfer state titles attendee" and a box with no indication of what should go in it. When I finally wrote "yes" in the box it allowed me to go to the payment screen.
I would assume that Ja, Si and Oui might also work.

Jo Chau
TAS, 29 posts
25 Nov 2020 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

If anyone is having trouble please call me today and I will do it for you over the phone. I did this with Paul this morning and all went through. The Club is currently changing websites as Rev Sport is very clunky. I have just posted on Facebook so let me see if I can copy it to here (sorry Seabreeze editorial skills are lacking, anyone feel free to help if it does not work).

Jo Chau
TAS, 29 posts
25 Nov 2020 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Entries close today at 4pm for the States. If you are having trouble entering please call me (m 0428 248 168 so I can help you). You can check on "Who's Going" to confirm if your entry went through. If you are having issues with the SailPass we can do this on Sat morning. Remember to wear your ?? and tee shirts as we will have a weigh in at registration at 0830 on Sat. The Sailing Instructions will be available on the SBSC website from 1000 on Friday. If you are competing please check your name appears on both photos (just names is Windsurfer Class Association of Australia membership), if not please join Windsurfing Tasmania and/or WCAA before Saturday otherwise DSQ may be awarded.

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
25 Nov 2020 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry for my grumpiness! My IT patience threshold is limited.
Entry facilitated by Jo Chau.
A big thanks to Jo Chau for her tireless dedication as a volunteer organiser of this coming weekend's round of The Tasmanian Windsurfer Championship.
Without such people events like this would not be possible.

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
28 Nov 2020 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Pics; Jo Chau

Mort67
TAS, 423 posts
29 Nov 2020 7:20AM
Thumbs Up

A few from up close on the start boat

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
29 Nov 2020 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

It was a fantastic weekend of racing. A big thanks to the Sandy Bay sailing club for putting the event on and for El pres Mort for driving south to help with all the organization on the water.
There were solid results for the northerners with Thomo and Gill winning their divisions and some southerners doing pretty well too.

AUS02
TAS, 1981 posts
1 Dec 2020 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Looked like great conditions out there for the racing.

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
1 Dec 2020 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS02 said..

Nope...Flukey light winds with tide running just to keep it interesting for 6 out of 8 races. Two races in a nice steady 12-18. High skill levels were a must to be competitive. It's tricky to extract full performance from the LT in particular up wind. Downwind, pumpers sail away from non pumpers. IMO the new OD is a simple, affordable, versatile package whether it's being raced or just for some peaceful fun TOW.
The atmosphere at the weekend's event was nostalgic of the 80's Windsurfer heydays.
All in all a great re-introduction to OD.
Got anymore snaps anyone?
P.S. more youth would be great!

MatStirl
TAS, 136 posts
1 Dec 2020 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Relic said..

AUS02 said..

Nope...Flukey light winds with tide running just to keep it interesting for 6 out of 8 races. Two races in a nice steady 12-18. High skill levels were a must to be competitive. It's tricky to extract full performance from the LT in particular up wind. Downwind, pumpers sail away from non pumpers. IMO the new OD is a simple, affordable, versatile package whether it's being raced or just for some peaceful fun TOW.
The atmosphere at the weekend's event was nostalgic of the 80's Windsurfer heydays.

Yep. Was great fun event.
I worked out downwind pumping finally. Yep, rather than being overtaken by top sailors I could maintain position....just.
Lots of pics on bookface. I'm too lazy to post on two forums unfortunately.

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
1 Dec 2020 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MatStirl said..

Relic said..

AUS02 said..

I worked out downwind pumping finally. Yep, rather than being overtaken by top sailors I could maintain position....just.

I had a look on a kid's Bookface; a good record of the day!

Relic
TAS, 837 posts
1 Dec 2020 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MatStirl said..

Relic said..

AUS02 said..

I had a look on a kid's Bookface; a good record of the day!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Tasmania

"2020 Tasmanian Windsurfer Championships - Sat 28/Sun 29 Nov - Sandy Bay Sailing Club" started by Jo Chau