surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
25 Sep 2018 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavemaniac said..
Slaters cleared to play!

A sad day in NRL when a slick tongued silk gets his way
Slater was intent on a shoulder charge, nothing less..
Oh WM who's the red vee playing this weekend

wavemaniac
465 posts
25 Sep 2018 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

RED VEE are playing with themselves, you know the feeling!

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
26 Sep 2018 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

I'm 50/50 on Billy I like him and happy he gets to play, it was a soft shoulder charge and I've never been a fan of the rule but I understand why it was intermented. I loved this big forwards going at it back in the day.

wavemaniac
465 posts
26 Sep 2018 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
I'm 50/50 on Billy I like him and happy he gets to play, it was a soft shoulder charge and I've never been a fan of the rule but I understand why it was intermented. I loved this big forwards going at it back in the day.

I hope Cronk gets to play,it will be good to see the best players available to both teams.

As far as Billy goes,i'm with Matty Johns.

BRING BACK THE BIFF, frigging NRL hierarchy pussys...crowds love a stouch.

Billys "tackle" was good, he forgot to use his hands,thats all....we ALL have memory lapses.

Its even money bet with both teams at full strength, Billy could go out on a high or the next superstar(Latrell)could get the Woosters to the promised San Fran trip away,all their friends in Darlo will be jealous!

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
26 Sep 2018 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Its going to be a cracking game thats for sure,I hope Cooper plays but he has to be a long shot.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
26 Sep 2018 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

wavemaniac said..
Slaters cleared to play!

Sour grapes syndrome ...

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
26 Sep 2018 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

surfbroker said..

wavemaniac said..
Slaters cleared to play!

Sour grapes syndrome ...

No sour grapes from me Baz..IMO Slater is the best NRL footballer I've ever seen..and again in my humble opinion the shoulder charge should stick as that's exactly what I saw on the screen..
I have no doubt it will be a hard close game and my money says Cronk has no chance of playing.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Sep 2018 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

What a sham Slater getting off,no sour grapes her either bazz,but it's cool because you have shown in the past your football knowledge is lacking

It was a blatant shoulder charger no matter how good his legal team said it was not

Union have no issue in tackling wingers without doing one ,but Billy has consistently shown over the years that he is a ask for forgiveness not permission type of player...the knees and feet to the head of other players proves that

The NRL have cocked this up big time,to hear locky stumble and mumble his words was embarrassing.

Before a rule is introduced it is thoroughly tested ,through lawyers, players and referees and then implemented

To then say the rule was not designed to rub people like Slater out just shows the lack of foresight, or more to the point how the game is run on emotion and money and bad choices

The sharks have plenty to not be happy about and the chooks as well should be feeling very hard done by

This will be the last time these words will ever be said out loud and I cannot believe it is happening now DAMN YOU NRL

GO THE ROOSTERS

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
26 Sep 2018 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

I cannot believe I am saying this..
Chrispy..we are on the same page of the same book..

Go Roosters..
?

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
26 Sep 2018 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
What a sham Slater getting off,no sour grapes her either bazz,but it's cool because you have shown in the past your football knowledge is lacking

It was a blatant shoulder charger no matter how good his legal team said it was not

Union have no issue in tackling wingers without doing one ,but Billy has consistently shown over the years that he is a ask for forgiveness not permission type of player...the knees and feet to the head of other players proves that

The NRL have cocked this up big time,to hear locky stumble and mumble his words was embarrassing.

Before a rule is introduced it is thoroughly tested ,through lawyers, players and referees and then implemented

To then say the rule was not designed to rub people like Slater out just shows the lack of foresight, or more to the point how the game is run on emotion and money and bad choices

The sharks have plenty to not be happy about and the chooks as well should be feeling very hard done by

This will be the last time these words will ever be said out loud and I cannot believe it is happening now DAMN YOU NRL

GO THE ROOSTERS

really your such an expert ..the experts passed Slater to play ...so your knowledge is SFA ...!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Sep 2018 6:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

chrispy said..

GO THE ROOSTERS

really your such an expert ..the experts passed Slater to play ...so your knowledge is SFA ...!

If you say so bazz

SP
10979 posts
27 Sep 2018 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

SFA. Super ****ing accurate. ?

It's a stupid rule in that situation, blanket rules mean sometimes there are unfortunate circumstances. I don't think it' worth missing a GF but if you want to make blanket rules then it was probably a suspension.

But the lawyers early their money and got him off. Not billys fault he got around the system.

Hope they get pumped though.
Can't believe I'll utter the phrase go Rooters.

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
27 Sep 2018 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

Ahh..feeling the love..
First Chrispy..now SP..
Wonder if Cobra is warming to the Rooters .

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
27 Sep 2018 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

$$$ on Storm ...

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
27 Sep 2018 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Really should have been a penalty try to start with not that it would've changed the result but who knows.if billy did a conventional tackle in all likelihood he would've scored .Slater got off because of who he is, circumstances of gf, retiring etc.NRL would've copped bucket loads more ****e if they ruled him out.shoulder collision that's a good one.Go Rooters.I loathe the storm anyway

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
27 Sep 2018 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Going to be one heck of a game

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
27 Sep 2018 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Cobra
9106 posts
28 Sep 2018 5:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..
Ahh..feeling the love..
First Chrispy..now SP..

I just don't think I can SP.
i don't hate the chooks I think it's the same for the dragoons too much rivalry.
the storm can get ducked, the fact is,billy used the shoulder to take him out. Am I saying it's wrong no i like to keep to the rules if you don't have rules you have anarchy.
+ I'm over Smith's grubby ruck game, it's gone on for to long coaches & captains have complained and nothing gets done , other than us watching sh!t footy. Look I'll prob stick to what's planned ,look after my Texas lightly smoked dry rub 8 hour brisket make sure my guests are hydrated then sitting back to watch a cracker of a game.

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
28 Sep 2018 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

surfbroker said..
Ahh..feeling the love..
First Chrispy..now SP..

i don't hate the chooks I think it's the same for the dragoons too much rivalry.
the storm can get ducked, the fact is,billy used the shoulder to take him out. Am I saying it's wrong no i like to keep to the rules if you don't have rules you have anarchy.
+ I'm over Smith's grubby ruck game, it's gone on for to long coaches & captains have complained and nothing gets done , other than us watching sh!t footy. Look I'll prob stick to what's planned ,look after my Texas lightly smoked dry rub 8 hour brisket make sure my guests are hydrated then sitting back to watch a cracker of a game.

Wow I always thought you were a Queenslander

Cobra
9106 posts
28 Sep 2018 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Cobra said..

surfbroker said..
Ahh..feeling the love..
First Chrispy..now SP..

Wow I always thought you were a proud Queenslander

Fixed it

Cobra
9106 posts
28 Sep 2018 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

My call on the billy tackle.
he shouldn't of got off,why?
Because he was guilty of a shoulder tackle to take a player out scoring a try.
was it a dangerous tackle ?no way.
But the NRL knew that it only took 200 points and he was gone.
The NRL don't want one of the best fullbacks of the modern game finishing like that
Billy has had a history of grubby tactics to stop a player scoring,,fact.
Probably I've never forgiven storm of cheating and parra robed
And take a very one eyed view on storm.

wavemaniac
465 posts
28 Sep 2018 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

STORM by 15+

Stick that up ya SB!

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
28 Sep 2018 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
The NRL don't want one of the best fullbacks of the modern game finishing like that

I hear you Cobra but it was a dangerous tackle..the shouldered player struck his head solidly on the ground as he hit the turf..could have resulted in a brain injury..

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
28 Sep 2018 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
28 Sep 2018 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

Cobra said..

I hear you Cobra but it was a dangerous tackle..the shouldered player struck his head solidly on the ground as he hit the turf..could have resulted in a brain injury..

The photo I saw was BS nearly horizontal with right arm extended in front and left shoulder to make contact ....that does not make it a shoulder charge... and the officials got it right ...you might like to know spec savers have a special on....

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
30 Sep 2018 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRNNNN THE ROOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSTTTTERRRSSS

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Sep 2018 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

surfbroker said..

Cobra said..

The photo I saw was BS nearly horizontal with right arm extended in front and left shoulder to make contact ....that does not make it a shoulder charge... and the officials got it right ...you might like to know spec savers have a special on....

You are so funny bazz

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL 2018" started by Macaha