Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

Gold Coast, Early Jan 2014

Created by Delphinus > 9 months ago, 24 Dec 2013
Delphinus
4 posts
24 Dec 2013 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

I'm flying into Gold Coast on new years eve, then back to NZ two weeks later. I'll be bringing my gear so keen to get some time on the water. Would be great to meet up with some locals while over there. Show me the local spots etc?
I'm just getting upwind now.

Gilly3
QLD, 794 posts
1 Jan 2014 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Where about's r u staying? Have u got transport? What size kite/kites did u bring? Would u prefer flat water?

Delphinus
4 posts
3 Jan 2014 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Rocked up at one of the spots off splocs and happened to run into Gilly before I had even read this post! Wind was up so had a good session (after going out underpowered at first). Really friendly people all round. Thank you very much.

Heading up north at the moment but will be back in GC around the 14th so hopefully will have some wind around then.
Have car and a 10m cabrinha switchblade + 13.5m Naish Cult. Prefer flat water.

Will see what spots I can find on the way up to Great Barrier Reef. Suggestions welcome.

Gilly3
QLD, 794 posts
3 Jan 2014 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Jack, wondered why I didn't c u there today. We had an awesome northerly come through today as predicted
Have a great trip and will c u when u come back through....

Delphinus
4 posts
7 Jan 2014 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

I'm going to be back on the afternoon of the 12th till the 14th and I see the wind should be up for some of that time. I'm keen to stay somewhere nearby and get plenty of kiting in but will be without a tent for that time. Can't find any nearby backpackers either (and trekkers is a horrible place to stay). Anyone able to put me up for the night of the 12th and 13th? I don't need much, have my own mattress pillow bedding etc. Just need a roof and maybe a shower.

Many Thanks,
Jack

Delphinus
4 posts
9 Jan 2014 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Up at Hervey Bay at the moment. Had a fantastic session here today. Good winds, smooth water. Managed to get my toeside and carving turns pretty much sorted :D

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"Gold Coast, Early Jan 2014" started by Delphinus