Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

Down winders

Created by shane75 > 9 months ago, 1 Jan 2013
shane75
QLD, 209 posts
1 Jan 2013 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, have 8m, 12m and light wind kite to cover up to 30knt+ winds looking for hook ups on wkends for down wind cruises just chilling having fun, 1st season kiter am able to hold my ground and tack upwind.
Live in Brisbane, normally kite Redcliffe and Gold Coast Seaway/Beaches.
This post has no time limit so feel to replie anytime.

shane75
QLD, 209 posts
2 Jan 2013 5:17AM
Thumbs Up

shane75 said...

Hey guys, have 8m, 12m and light wind kite to cover up to 30knt+ winds looking for hook ups on wkends for down wind cruises just chilling having fun, 1st season kiter am able to hold my ground and tack upwind.
Live in Brisbane, normally kite Redcliffe and Gold Coast Seaway/Beaches.
This post has no time limit so feel to replie anytime.

( P.S. will be up at the sunshine coast this sat 05/01/13 )

Dl33ta
TAS, 461 posts
2 Jan 2013 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Saturday might be an alright time for a down winder if that cyclone swell stays clear till Sunday. I'd be interested in doing a North Shore -> Pt Arkwright/Sunshine Beach run. Favorable tide starts around 1pm.

I've only had a few sessions in the waves but keen to do some more! Let me know if you're interested.

shane75
QLD, 209 posts
2 Jan 2013 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Dl33ta said...
Saturday might be an alright time for a down winder if that cyclone swell stays clear till Sunday. I'd be interested in doing a North Shore -> Pt Arkwright/Sunshine Beach run. Favorable tide starts around 1pm.

I've only had a few sessions in the waves but keen to do some more! Let me know if you're interested.

Hmmmm yeah just got my weather update about that cyclone swell coming through, going to have to cancel this downwind beach session and just hit the gold coast seaway near KFC instead.
But definately interested in doing a Pt Arkwright/Sunshine Beach run when the oceans calmed down a bit. Im off all next week Mon through til Sun if ya want another go.

Dl33ta
TAS, 461 posts
3 Jan 2013 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like the swell isn't going to get us. Had an awesome session today, most waves under 6ft. Not a worry though, see how she looks next weekend!

shane75
QLD, 209 posts
11 Jan 2013 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Hey definately coming up this sat 12/1/13 gotta make stop Gympie should be near Cotton Tree just before lunch if wants to hook up for downwinder.

Dl33ta
TAS, 461 posts
11 Jan 2013 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

Spring tides at the moment and it will be ebbing South until about 2pm which will make it painful in a Northerly until it turns. Be keen to do a run after that though, will give the seabreeze a bit of time to develop. Was out between 1 and 3 today and it was pretty marginal on my 11m and a TT, was wishing I had taken my 17m. No surf to speak of, just .5 to 1.x slop. PM me if it's not too late for you and I'll send through my details. Could be good to go Sunshine beach to Coolum?

shane75
QLD, 209 posts
12 Jan 2013 7:30AM
Thumbs Up

yeah gonna wing it and check seabreeze forecast once up there taking 19m and 12m just in case it does pick up fore-cast so far is looking like lite wind, so hopefully can get setup and on the water by 12:30pm for a 2 hr sesh or so.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"Down winders" started by shane75