Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

Bribe Island beachmere spots.?

Created by brettasmith > 9 months ago, 5 Dec 2015
brettasmith
QLD, 16 posts
5 Dec 2015 6:51AM
Thumbs Up

Hi, I have just moved to ningi and i am looking for some local spots to go kiting, keen to hookup, or even just some advise would be great.

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
31 Dec 2015 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
brettasmith said..
Hi, I have just moved to ningi and i am looking for some local spots to go kiting, keen to hookup, or even just some advise would be great.

Beach mere is fantastic all along the broadwater there. i heard there was sewage run off but it compensates for the excessive salty water rather then normal due to the salt build up in the bay.

Hardcarve1
QLD, 547 posts
1 Jan 2016 1:19AM
Thumbs Up

Bribie southern end is best when you have tide into wind, Bongaree right at the end carpark is good with a W to SW to SE and outgoing tide. Woorim on SE and incoming tide or NE on outgoing tide. Need to have good water skills on the ocean side and channel as you have some deep water and strong currents. For for flat water Pebble beach is good from W to SE although I just go from Bongaree across the channel to get on the flats.
Very under rated place as you can have some epic days on a big S to SE with a large outgoing tide on the channel with good size pressure waves.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"Bribe Island beachmere spots.?" started by brettasmith