Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North Evo 2018 10M

Created by coaxial > 9 months ago, 5 May 2018
coaxial
22 posts
5 May 2018 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone using the 10 M evo this year? I am interested in feedback on the this particular size....wind range and so on.
Thanks in advance.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
8 May 2018 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

A lot of posts above on how it felt terrible at the start (these are obviously experienced riders take no notice of the obvious kooks without a clue), but once used to it they really liked what it is designed for.

Takes me A few tacks to work out of its any good for me. Obviously some are more patient.

Intheozone
WA, 247 posts
2 Jul 2018 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

After loving the 2017 EVO 10M i tried the 2018, for me it felts soft and far too forgiving, kind of like a beginners kite, I found it a challenge to find the sweet spot to get it to boost reliably.

In the end i passed on the north range this season and went to core and the XR5 which i love.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
3 Jul 2018 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

2018 evo is a sh1thouse kite at best

Richoa
NSW, 478 posts
3 Jul 2018 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Intheozone said..
soft and far too forgiving, kind of like a beginners kite, I found it a challenge to find the sweet spot to get it to boost reliably.

I get that your not a fan of the kite and yr choice, but the statements above don't marry for me.

You say its like a beginner kite, but say it is harder to find sweet spot for jumping.

Shouldn't a beginner kite be easier/more forgiving to find the sweet spot ie bigger sweet spot, with less ultimate performance or lower peak height jump most likely? As a pretty much beginner can you explain this?

Intheozone
WA, 247 posts
5 Jul 2018 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

It will jump easily with very little thought, however in my opinion it was hard to find that sweet spot where it really boosts high. I felt it had lower performance, but was easy to cruise round on.

As a beginner you might love this kite. It felt like it lacked any high end performance for what i was looking for. Don't take my badly written review as gospel, if you get the chance go and give one a go.

I spent about an hour on both flat water and chop to put it through its paces. Not for me.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North Evo 2018 10M" started by coaxial