Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

F-One Bandit 2019 Reviews

Created by undertow > 9 months ago, 16 Aug 2018
Jhana
WA, 120 posts
9 May 2019 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the update guys I am in the market for 3 new kites and I was looking at the Bandit and I won't be buying - rust is rust shouldn't happen -especially staining kites etc

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
4 Jun 2019 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

I love it how people just so blatant and biased towards brands especially f one. theyre kites have been proven to be terribly unsafe even dangerous and in several well documented cases deadly and frankly somehow still always years behind in design.

Honestly im just impressed they kept theyre long bridal lines that would wrap around wing tips for over half a decade after all the other company's realised they had to change because was too dangerous.

They should consider employing a german or 2 instead of having it almost 100% french company.

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
26 Jun 2019 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jhana said..
Thanks for the update guys I am in the market for 3 new kites and I was looking at the Bandit and I won't be buying - rust is rust shouldn't happen -especially staining kites etc

Best thing is to try it and decide. I ride it over other kites based on performance and constant development . Pulleys have never been an issue for me as they function fine.

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
26 Jun 2019 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
that spot looks amazing!

yes it is, lucky to live and kite this region

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
26 Jun 2019 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bossstyle said..
Yeah tell a perspective buyer that when you want to sell it on again and have rust splodge stains on the kite material. Looks very unattractive. I have owned bandits for years. The bandit 9 and below did not have this so it is definitely a change of materials on F-ones part. Such a shame. I won't don't think I will be forking out hard earned cash for new f-one Kites until I know this problem is fixed. We test Kites have pictures of the faulty pulleys on their review of the 2012 bandit showing this where they test four of the top Kites including f-one. There picture looks mild compared to the rusting on my pulleys.

The reason it didn't happen on earlier ones was because they were alloy pins. Which i did see wear after 2000+hrs logged. Easy and cheap to replace as part of your usual maintenance. The newer stainless pins are functionally stronger again and wear less, so an upgrade not a cheaper material so your comment is simply not true. Possible tea stain as with any stainless but stronger and more durable. You can easily replace with another spare part or aftermarket for a couple bucks if you wish or dry off your pulleys packing up. I just enjoy flying my kites and smiling and know they won't let you down when it counts.

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
26 Jun 2019 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

2000+ hours logged hahaha just blatant bull**** kites have about 400 uv hours in them before the canopy tears away like a scorched paper bag. Go hang a square meter on the clothes line and see for yourself.

Saying stuff like that just makes me not want to believe anything you say. Which is exactly why we have a population of people who believe the earth is flat right now.

lotofwind
NSW, 6450 posts
26 Jun 2019 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like someone has F-one envy

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
26 Jun 2019 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
causehecan said..
2000+ hours logged hahaha just blatant bull**** kites have about 400 uv hours in them before the canopy tears away like a scorched paper bag. Go hang a square meter on the clothes line and see for yourself.

Saying stuff like that just makes me not want to believe anything you say. Which is exactly why we have a population of people who believe the earth is flat right now.

I know the guy and kite personally and he's kited ridiculous amounts and is one of the techy dudes that does add it up and thats straight from the rider not me. So get your facts straight as some of us have to deal with kite repairs and get to see wear rates and what works or not.
I know where the bs is ;)
Select to expand quote
causehecan said..

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
26 Jun 2019 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Ohhhhh now all of a sudden its not your 2000 + hour old kite canopy its a friends 2000+ hour old kite canopy.

Mate you should have just said wooops i added 1 zero too many i ment 200 hours. But naahhhh you dont have a clue not a clue. If your mate has 2000 hours on his kite then its teijins techno force t9600 that was used aka basically 90 percent of all main kites were made of this. North ozone slingshot f one

But your so full of **** you try to claim thru nothing other then sheer bull**** that despite it clearly stateing how many uv hours this materials good for you got a MAGICAL one that lasts 5 times longer.

Your lies are everything that is wrong with the industry.

weebitbreezy
617 posts
26 Jun 2019 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

When did f-one switch over to this new fabric?

2000 hours on a kite is a lot!

Lets say you kite a lot. Say 250 sessions a year (which is like saying its windy 2 days out of 3). Lets average that session out at 2 hours coz some sessions the wind is going to drop or you'll have other commitments and others will be longer because the conditions are good. So thats 500 hours. Now if its a one kite quiver that might be 4 years of use - but nobody who kites that much only has one kite. Best case you have 2 kites 12m and 9m. Now lets assume you have 2/3 days on a 12m because its normally 15-23 knots - so you are looking at say a 5 year old kite.

Dam that man has mad powers of self control. No way could I resist buying a new kite in that length of time. Good value per money though. About a $1.50 an hour

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
26 Jun 2019 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Csiro just called and they want your friends magic kite because it lasts longer per gram then what theyre currently useing for sand erosion along the river mouths country wide.

Just blatant lies.

Bet he trys to turn it around as it was his clever joke now that hes been callee out on his bollocks

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
27 Jun 2019 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weebitbreezy said..
When did f-one switch over to this new fabric?

2000 hours on a kite is a lot!

Lets say you kite a lot. Say 250 sessions a year (which is like saying its windy 2 days out of 3). Lets average that session out at 2 hours coz some sessions the wind is going to drop or you'll have other commitments and others will be longer because the conditions are good. So thats 500 hours. Now if its a one kite quiver that might be 4 years of use - but nobody who kites that much only has one kite. Best case you have 2 kites 12m and 9m. Now lets assume you have 2/3 days on a 12m because its normally 15-23 knots - so you are looking at say a 5 year old kite.

Dam that man has mad powers of self control. No way could I resist buying a new kite in that length of time. Good value per money though. About a $1.50 an hour

Yes well actually was a 10m b8 2015 kite bought late 14. Once he got it he never rode any of his other kites which was a 14m lol (seen it out in crazy stuff when was his only kite. We live in a year round location and i'm the local repair guy. He only just got a new kite mid season this year.
Interesting note for longevity that isn't a troll was the kite was black (known to last better) , just replaced pulleys and bridle line in that time. No ripping along trailing seams joins, in fact i was starting to see the dacron wear at flex points in the end not the teijin material at all. Signs of extreme use and good value.

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
27 Jun 2019 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
causehecan said..
Ohhhhh now all of a sudden its not your 2000 + hour old kite canopy its a friends 2000+ hour old kite canopy.

Mate you should have just said wooops i added 1 zero too many i ment 200 hours. But naahhhh you dont have a clue not a clue. If your mate has 2000 hours on his kite then its teijins techno force t9600 that was used aka basically 90 percent of all main kites were made of this. North ozone slingshot f one

But your so full of **** you try to claim thru nothing other then sheer bull**** that despite it clearly stateing how many uv hours this materials good for you got a MAGICAL one that lasts 5 times longer.

Never said it was my kite, just what i have observed as the local repair guy/ school

So now kites only last 200 not 400. Jeez all my kites in my life must be in the bin ( hmmm No) Did durability specs just drop between your last post or do they magically self destruct at defined hrs, lol. If you actually were interested in my wear observations based on realworld use you may have more of an open mind . It is interesting to see and we can all learn some things. Black lasts better (anyone in the repair industry knows this), and i did see dacron wearing through before d2 technoforce so is not a weak link, and specs mean nothing. Maybe we don't all need the latest quad, triple, octacore lol just go ride.

If ya actually knew me i don't lie mate and if you don't believe thats fine but to say i do is uncool and just untrue. And i've been around since the start so i do have more of a clue and am at the beach every windy day, ride anything and have earned my stripes by being on water not the computer.

Maybe we should all stay on topic and review kites for the crew that actually want some info on this site!

I see you haven't posted a review just bag everything. This forum needs more real reviews from crew who ride the gear and less trolls who are biased and hijack threads.

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
27 Jun 2019 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Whatever you say 2000 kite hour boy

Im just happy i dont have to makeup complete bull**** lies to sell my kites.

Maybe you should try sell better quality gear its alot easier and you dont have to lie.

Im sure jack loves it everytime one of you guys get called out on your false claims. Your doing a great service to the brand

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
27 Jun 2019 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

wow you really have been actively grinding the axe lately.... who exactly are you Mr 50 poster...? Talking of BS, all I'm reading is superfluous BS ranting from you to be honest. Filling up your argument with numbers and unsubstantiated facts to create a false impression you know that you are talking about. How much do you actually ride or are you just a wanna' be font of useless information?

Must admit though 2000 hours...is a bit of a stretch, pun intended.

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
27 Jun 2019 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Im jazz music eppo

You got to listen to the posts im not making

The fact that you feel like pointing out blatant lies is an attack and not an assist speaks volumes

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
27 Jun 2019 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

300 hours of uv uv indoors shop window no wind shrinkage.

Gateman
QLD, 409 posts
30 Jun 2019 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
undertow said..

causehecan said..

Never said it was my kite, just what i have observed as the local repair guy/ school

So now kites only last 200 not 400. Jeez all my kites in my life must be in the bin ( hmmm No) Did durability specs just drop between your last post or do they magically self destruct at defined hrs, lol. If you actually were interested in my wear observations based on realworld use you may have more of an open mind . It is interesting to see and we can all learn some things. Black lasts better (anyone in the repair industry knows this), and i did see dacron wearing through before d2 technoforce so is not a weak link, and specs mean nothing. Maybe we don't all need the latest quad, triple, octacore lol just go ride.

If ya actually knew me i don't lie mate and if you don't believe thats fine but to say i do is uncool and just untrue. And i've been around since the start so i do have more of a clue and am at the beach every windy day, ride anything and have earned my stripes by being on water not the computer.

Maybe we should all stay on topic and review kites for the crew that actually want some info on this site!

I see you haven't posted a review just bag everything. This forum needs more real reviews from crew who ride the gear and less trolls who are biased and hijack threads.

Just a bit of general info on one little part of this statement; the best UV stabiliser is Carbon, Carbon is black. Carbon can be used in black materials without any issues but light coloured or brightly coloured materials need to use different UV stabilising elements which are generally not as effective as Carbon.
Try it yourself: grab a white and a black zip tie from the same company, tie up two of the same objects in the same sun exposed environment and see which zip tie breaks first.

F-ONE Australia
QLD, 50 posts
12 Jul 2019 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

The Kite Mag undertook an impressive testing process gathering gear from 24 brands and tested it across different categories: freeride, freestyle and foil. We are thrilled to announce that [b]our products have achieved multiple wins.

The BANDIT won the coveted top spot in the Performance Freeride kite category, the WTF!? also won in the Freestyle/Wakestyle kite category, while the BREEZEattained a Gold Award in the Monostrut kite category.
[/b]
What they said:

F-ONE Bandit:
"The Bandit is a highly tuned, genre spanning kite with its own personality, and the test team all agreed that it particularly excelled in this category. A credit to its lengthy product development and evolution."

F-ONE WTF:
"Highly engaging out-and-out unhooked performance, but no slouch for powered boosting and looping. Very much a next generation C-kite."

www.f-one.world/news/kite/the-kite-mag-the-ultimate-test-results/

www.thekitemag.com

causehecan
WA, 668 posts
13 Jul 2019 5:23AM
Thumbs Up

Just crawled all over everything i could about the wtf on the f one website. Design looks good standard basic which is great bit confused why theres a "f one pulley" mentioned in the technical details section... Cant see anywhere on the wtf where they would have a pulley thank god. (Confirm/deny wtf pulley for me pls it even talks about a bridal in the tech detail section?!?? )

Bar looks fine i think that flanged head on the quick release will rip out my fingernails like a mother ****a when in missing passes and trying to grab the bar back... But i suppose cant have it completely smooth otherwise you wouldnt be able to activate it when you needed to (which is never but safety first)

But yeah looks like s direct connected 5 line pure c kite which is great to see.

How the world famous and heavily coveted "kite mag" award went to it over the vegas is ... Well! Says alot about these bull**** awards magazines dole out to who ever buys the most adverts :P

Or maybe everyone just hated that you had to use a click bar on the new vegas's would be nice to actually read who the judges were or what they said? How was the competition structured? Was it a readers vote thing? Did the best riders in world get together and do blindfold testing on plain kites all with same bar ? :P

I have more faith in the gold medals on my $8 wine if im honest.

But the wtf looks good more info please. Like allll the info the website doesnt say **** about materials used etc .

RichK
VIC, 11 posts
3 Dec 2019 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone,
Looking at picking up the outgoing Bandit 12 2019 in a 12m or 14m.
75kg, Intermediate, Freeride + getting into small waves. Mostly on a 140 twin tip, but looking at getting a surfboard too.
I have a 7m and 10m bandit, and just wondering if the 12m is enough of a jump in wind range. Leaning towards a 12m because I'm not convinced a 14m would be much fun.
Any thoughts / tips about sizing or this model bandit in general very welcome! I'm OK with the tea staining...
Cheers.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"F-One Bandit 2019 Reviews" started by undertow