CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 falling apart during a jump

Created by Cezar > 9 months ago, 7 Nov 2021
Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
20 Nov 2021 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vodka said..
And yeah one arm pull ups are easy not sure why any of you have any disbelief in this?!?

Cos some people aren't built that way?!?

I never could bench press as much as some guys, and chin ups were hopeless, but I could dead lift and squat more than them.

Cos I'm built that way.

CH3MTR4IL5
WA, 747 posts
20 Nov 2021 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vodka said..
Well i agree with all you said in last post cezar

And yeah one arm pull ups are easy not sure why any of you have any disbelief in this?!? Go to a bouldering gym sometime and have a look around at everyone..... then go to your kite beach and look at everyone....

As for the manufacturer thing its pretty damn wild if that power line wasnt in there due to a lapse in quality control checking it... im interested to see why they dont just remove the powerline from a existing brand new bar ad then see if they can have a session or 2 without it. If it instantly fails then atleast they know you must of at some point had the powerline in your bar as you did get a couple sessions on it before it vanished from this realm.

Only people who ride 4 line kites argue about hooking or unhooking. if you're not still riding two lines then you ain't kiting, you're just a straight pussy (and if you're bouldering indoors instead of highball then 2x)

2 line kiteloops were the shizzle, Lou Wainman was the last real kiter and everyone after that is a worthless punk. Watch 3 mins on and try and tell me otherwise

Froth Goth
332 posts
20 Nov 2021 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

4 line kites are for students. Anyone who unhooks rides 5 or 6.... ill ride 2 liners when loucifer moves back into his car and shares his meth with me

I just realised your all rideing ****ty 4 line bridal kites

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
21 Nov 2021 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vodka said..
Well i agree with all you said in last post cezar

And yeah one arm pull ups are easy not sure why any of you have any disbelief in this?!? Go to a bouldering gym sometime and have a look around at everyone..... then go to your kite beach and look at everyone....

As for the manufacturer thing its pretty damn wild if that power line wasnt in there due to a lapse in quality control checking it... im interested to see why they dont just remove the powerline from a existing brand new bar ad then see if they can have a session or 2 without it. If it instantly fails then atleast they know you must of at some point had the powerline in your bar as you did get a couple sessions on it before it vanished from this realm.

I want to stress it is not the PU tube that failed!
The tube is intact. The connection PU tube with the swivel gave up so the question is was it strong enough to last a few sessions.
Its actually 7 not 2 but I guess if it could last 2 it would last 7 as well.
Most people claim it's impossible to use the bar without power Line so I presume it was there and I'm looking for an answer to the question:
How on earth the power line on new bar could snapped after 15hrs of use!?
Sooner or later those crazy f..s will have to give me this answer!
In the meantime this is what one of them Juraj Buckovsky said in 2018:

I will repeat myself, but the most challenging part is safety. On the bar, nothing can break as this puts riders at high risk. All parts of the bar are very carefully designed to be extremely strong and durable"

And probably the same jerk has the audacity to claim now:
" Since the Power Line is clearly missing on after accident photos the examination of the faulty bar in not required "

Froth Goth
332 posts
21 Nov 2021 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Ive snapped both center lines before and been able to bring it in on back to shore with just the steering lines so even if your entire harness chicken loop centerlines pu tube etc etc etc was to fail your still with a 2 line kite. Poor thing would be folding in half and possibly popping at 12 oclock but its not too bad thw closer it is to the waters edge.

And yeah pu tubes never been load bearing... so im not suggesting it was.

Im suggesting maaaaybe there was a power line at some point and then its disappeared for some reason the grey dyneema braided one yea

Pu tubes last for ****all and snapped stretched and trimmed my fair share of those but the rope its used to protect is pretty damn strong brahbrahbraah

Hes simply suggesting you havent provided all the evidence / the critical component of where it could have failed. No body no fowl play. Its not rocket science.

Wheres the body is really the question. Was there never one and it was somehow assembled wirhout one and somehow you managed to load the bar up without like whats essentially the walls to a house... or has it vanished into thin air and possible fo2wl play?

Ive made and repaired enough kites to easily tell why a rope has snapped etc etc so thats just what they want to see and not produceing that means the cant investigate it.

You can watch some "how not to slackline" youtube videos on testing breaking soft shackles and dyneema etc etc its pretty strong stuff so im going to assume yours was somehow not there in the manufacturing process.... but with that... i dont understand how you had a few sessions without it... theres a missing piece to this puzzle... and the manufacturers are going to default onto that piece being some sort of pilot error... like you may have done something with it?

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
21 Nov 2021 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Yes you are right on point Vodka, I guess it's my job to solve this puzzle now, and I will!
And yes I'm waiting now for CrazyF to say it was me who removed the line to commit suicide
I have a bad news for those f..s though...I failed

Froth Goth
332 posts
22 Nov 2021 6:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cezar said..

And yes I'm waiting now for CrazyF to say it was me who removed the line to commit suicide
I have a bad news for those f..s though...I failed

hahahaha im looking forward to this action movie.

Dude i think thats exactly where theyre heading oh to be in the shoes of the dude whose job it is to attach the powerline.

I believe there was many many mistakes all late 2019 til now with sporting gear manufactureing due to corona virus they were looseing large numbers of experienced workforce in the factorys and then mov?ing the existing workers onto new processes and areas they had not worked in before with minimal training and then entirely new workers doing the more basic stuff. Because the less technical jobs seem to be failing.

Had some risers on my brand new 4+k$ paraglider tear apart after 2 uses.... the person who stitched it just had one little row of stitches across instead of like a box stitch with some thrown inside for good measure. Can only imagine the sewer trying to pull them apart with hands and thinking holly ****! I just sped up the production level by 30 seconds! Im going to get an award for this!

And this was a top 3 brand.

Inspect your new corona affected gear people.

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
22 Nov 2021 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

"I believe there was many many mistakes all lately
from2019 til now with sporting gear manufactureing due to corona virus they were looseing large numbers of experienced workforce in the factorys and then mov?ing the existing workers onto new processes and areas they had not worked in before with minimal training and then entirely new workers doing the more basic stuff. Because the less technical jobs seem to be failing."

Spot on Mate!..I could be unintended victim of corona virus in this scenario, perhaps I should not blame CrazyF clowns after all
Anyway I have now Australian authorities on the case, and according to the latest email from Department of Justice and Community Safety:

" Due to the severity of this product failure, I will be forwarding your case to our product safety team for further assessment."

Also your advice Vodka is spot on:

Inspect your new corona affected gear people.

My second post on CrazyF Sculp 2022 that I got with twisted and bulging struts/bladders is the living proof of what you are talking about!

Froth Goth
332 posts
22 Nov 2021 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Oh i know the workforce shuffle was for fact.

Some brands came out soon after the initial hubub about it all and showed photos of theyre current staff with xx years serviceing in theyre factory etc etc to distance themselves from other companys factorys who had to take on a huge percentage of new staff or try to operate with less. The delays on everything contribute and are from this.

This wasnt just sporting goods or materials related.

Just have a look at what australian farmers have done without theyre thousands of slave labour from solomons china korea and other south pacific islands the whole backpacker thing is a bit of a smoke screen i remember seeing 600 tongans holed up in bowen picking a few years back meanwhile was only like 30 backpackers even involved.

Anyways keep us posted on the official findings its always interesting to see how consumer cases go
If we dont hear from you well just assume they offered you a lifetime of free kites to make you drop it all.

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
22 Nov 2021 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

"If we dont hear from you well just assume they offered you a lifetime of free kites to make you drop it all."

I will keep you posted ,rest assured ! I know those Eastern European "businessmen" they are stupid like a rock and greedy as pigs ( not all!) the CrazyF will deny, deny, deny and deny cos they are not able to see behind their immediate profit, and do everything to cover it up,it's that simple !!
Some of you might say I use derogatory language when talking about the CrazyF..s ,but I don't make any apologies !
Those ba...ds could have killed me with their f..ing Crapbar so I believe I have the right to say that!

weebitbreezy
617 posts
22 Nov 2021 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vodka said..

I went to my bouldering gym. Everyone at least 20 years younger and 15kg lighter than the average kitesurfer (at my beach) and yet .... they still couldn't do a one arm pull up. Quite a few people who can do a one arm bent hang though. Maybe all the strong people were away that day?

Interestingly - no-one seemed to be able to do a pistol squat either down the the bouldering gym whereas pretty much everyone who has done a couple of seasons with a kite can do those.

Froth Goth
332 posts
23 Nov 2021 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

i wish my autism was on the level of yours where i could go to a climbing wall and just start busting out pistol squats in my bucket hat while stareing children down then when they dont pay attention to me i just assume they cant do it to and call em weak for only doing "one armed bent hangs"

weebitbreezy
617 posts
23 Nov 2021 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vodka said..
I wish my autism was on the level of yours where i could go to a climbing wall and just start busting out pistol squats in my bucket hat while staring children down then when they don't pay attention to me.I just assume they can't do it to and call them weak for only doing "one armed bent hangs"

And your logical fallacy is..........Ad hominem, and Strawman. Well done you!

If you had my level of Autism you'd be correcting people's spelling in the quoted messages.

One armed bent hangs are pretty good strength moves though. You should give people credit for them.

Froth Goth
332 posts
25 Nov 2021 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

And your mums a slack

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
1 Dec 2021 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Another CrazyF Crapbar "Power Line" failure in Altona, at least in this case the crazy cowboys put that line looking like piece of **** btw into the bar! See photo below .
In my case I don't even know if I had it in first place. For more details see Kiteforum.com

Froth Goth
332 posts
1 Dec 2021 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Failure after the splice

Difference in width can catch on something? What a thin piece of line to use tho seriously every other bars is so thick you could legally beat your wife with it decades ago ala rule of thumb

Seabreeze has been so inactive can only assume this is lauries way of getting more views by suttley adding feet pics

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
2 Dec 2021 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vodka said..
Failure after the splice

Difference in width can catch on something?

If the splice isn't tapered properly the square-cut tail can wear through line, without the need of rubbing on anything. And if it does rub on something, it'll wear even faster.

I think the Click basically uses regular line all the way down to the CL. We rely on the lines anyway, so I don't see the problem -- technically. So long as they're protected from abrasion ...

QLD, 115 posts
2 Dec 2021 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

I see why they ignored your claim. The moaning is unessecary. I'd want to ignore you also

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
3 Dec 2021 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

Kamikuza said:
"If the splice isn't tapered properly the square-cut tail can wear through line, without the need of rubbing on anything. And if it does rub on something, it'll wear even faster."

Very good Point Mate! In case of CF Crapbar it looks that the splice have very short bury and are straight cut! On top of that run together with flag out line.
Whats worst but not confirmed yet it's possible that the Power line the Crazy put into this bar is as small as 2.5-3.0mm!!

Zigs
NSW, 67 posts
4 Dec 2021 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sandee said..

vodka said..

Deefer said..

vodka said..
I understand the bar shouldnt have left factory without the grey chord thats imperitive to the structual nature of the design

But

If you knew how to ride unhooked then you would have not nearly died.

This isnt directed at you OP and more just the state kitesurfing as a sport is in australia.
If you cant ride unhooked you need to quit kitesurfing and buy a wingding or a sailboat leave the extreme sports to people with a bit of power to weight ratio like children, women or athletes not big old boombaboombas who cross theyre arms on theyre belly and talk about nonsense theyre just regurgitateing at the beach

Simply being able to touch your toes after a couple midstrengths have loosened you up doesnt make you fit to kitesurf. You should be able to ride unhooked at a minimum.

When the bar has self destructed in midair and you've landed and broken your ribs I'd say that being able to ride unhooked is the last thing on your mind.
Breathing with broken ribs is painful enough, I reckon having a harness digging in would make that worse and having it ride up even a little whilst you're body dragging your arse back to shore because of product failure would only top it off.

U don't ride CF by any chance?

Chicken loop failed
not the bar.
He could have just stayed holding onto the bar but his arms too.weak cause now the loop wasnt takeing the load into the harness

If the bar snapped in half like ive seen happen to hadlows flexifoils back in the day then yeah rideing unhooked even helped then cause it just became 2 handles.

Point is fellas if i can jump that high with no harness or chicken loop and not only survive but thrive and your actually concerned about this injury then i suggest you learn to wakeboard and then start unhooking on your kites.

They call them "cable arms" at the wake parks for a reason.

While your all rideing hooked in all the time its like claiming your lance armstrong but your on an electric bike with no pedals

Eat ya spinach boomers

Usually people who plan to unhook will have the kite trimmed for this, whereas an accidental/ unplanned disconnection results in sudden over-sheeting of the kite for max power and a sudden jerk. Reckon your "cable arms" are up for that?

I agree with this, in lessons they teach you to fly with a really light grip, I have had my chicken loop pop open as I am riding along (old crazy fly kite) and there is no way you can quickly re adjust your grip to be able to hang on as it yanks

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
31 Dec 2021 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

UPDATE and request to the Administrator to lock this topic out if possible!?
it's not that much relevant now after another accident with CF Sickbar took place in Altona. All updated info can be found under new topic " CrazyFly Sickbar design Flaws...
Running 2 similar topics might be confusing.
"Thanks" to the other accident I was able to find the missing remains of my power line and complete my Review of CF Sickbar . I don't guarantee all is 100% correct! If not please provide your opinion.
Yes I know I'm guilty of not finding my broken power line earlier and my examination of the failed bar was not as good as should be! I'm sorry for this negligence on my part!
To my defence I can only quote CF stating on kiteforum.com :
"Since the Power Line is clearly missing on after accident photos the examination of the faulty bar is not REQUIRED "
Obviously it was my duty without any help from the Manufacturer CF how to find the possible remains of this critical for our safety line etc.
I'm sorry for not doing that while I was recovering from my injuries but again to my defence I can say I was actually looking for the Power Line not shoelaces 2.5-3.0mm at best in size!
When I saw the picture of the failed bar in Altona I understood my mistake immediately and fished out the broken string CF calls "power line"!
I want to take this opportunity to thank the Administrators of the Seabreeze for not removing my CF Sickbar Review as opposed what they did on kiteforum.com!
Within 12hours the same Review I placed there was erased from the surface of the earth ( though you can google remains as per photos)
It took long 12 hours since the guy probably slept in and didn't respond to CF calls!
He was much quicker though to lock out 2 of my other topics and he did it "smart way", at least by CF honesty standard.
He selectively erased some of my posts leaving those prising his masters CF or calling me names and then locked them !
CF must be happy and proud having such supporters, won't even mention He investigated my character at the very beginning and found out..yes you guessed! It's Baaad, very bad!

Finally ..HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Time for some drinks and work on my bad character:(

CFofficial
3 posts
20 Jan 2022 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Dear Cezary,

As you know, we also posted a couple comments in your topics on Kiteforum.com which are still fully accessible with all posts (links below). We understand your frustration, but your false accusation have reached a limit. Therefore, we would like to state a few facts:

The problems in your case started after you inflated a brand new kite from us and were not happy with the struts. The bladders looked twisted. We see the kite is now in good condition and up for sale. When we emailed you that all this kite needs is a professional kite repairer to look at and let us know if only the struts needed a refit, we received an email from you full of false accusations that the kite is stitched wrong, strut material too thin (the main news on our 2022 kites) different placement of the strut to LE etc. If anyone wishes, we will post full email from Cezary. Was posted on Kiteforum.com and still accessible. Looks like the kite needed only a strut re-fit after all. If the kite repairer would state that stitching was wrong, we would take the kite back and replace it.

Later on, you experienced a power line failure. At this time, we have been falsely accused on not fitting the power line into your bar. We would like to state that all power lines are loaded three times with 300 kgs after they are stitched. At the end of the bar assembly, each bar is also loaded with 150 kgs (would fail without a power line fitted inside) and safety is triggered three times. It is not possible for a bar to leave our door without a power line. And a bar without a power line would break during the first kite launch.

You also falsely accuse us that the power line is not safe due to its diameter. The power line is a 600 kg breaking strength line. You can check with the manufacturer Liros in Germany. If you could please explain to us all, how does line diameter determine line strength, we would appreciate it. Please note, there are other major kite brands using the same power line size and even thinner power lines. Still, we rely on our own testing and knowledge.

You are also falsely claiming two same cases of power line breakages (yours and in Altona) while they are both completely different. Your power line broke in the stitching while the one in Altona broke 6 cm above the stitching, which is 9 cm above the borehole you falsely claim causes abrasion and wear. The bar from Altona is in our office and power line with the line supplier for further investigation.

You are correct on one point, the safety line and power line are inside the same PU tube. If there are bars with non PU covered lines and you can run the bar on them up and down thousands of cycles with sand and hand pressure and these line last for a long time, how can a safety line that only moves when the safety is triggered cause a power line to break? If you could explain this phenomenon, would be great. The fact that these lines are inside the same PU tube poses no danger and no wear to the power line at all.

You also falsely present on your photos where the power line is connected on the bar.

You have falsely accused us that our production is not under cameras. Well, it is all under cameras for multiple reasons and we see it live and can back trace to any point. We attach a photo for you, where you can see that kite quality control and inserting bladders and inflating the kite is a two-person job. They cross check each other and enter all kite data to a tablet. Sorry Cezary, but your kite did not leave our door with twisted bladders. Even after all false accusations and swearwords towards us, you are welcome to come to our factory and check how we manufacture things.

We understand from your emails and posts that you like to bend information and accuse everyone of everything. But, please note that presenting completely false information about a company in public online places is also an offense and laws apply. Our lawyers have been storing all your communication, private and public and you will hear from them soon. You have also insulted one of our colleagues across forums and have falsely quoted his interview, which you took out of context. The part you were quoting about cheap bars was a rhetoric question implicating what customers say about all bars in general. In no way did the interviewee implicate that we manufacture cheap bars.

Your topic on Kiteforum.com was closed because you assaulted a fellow member of the kiteforum with swearwords. It was not closed because the admin does what we say. It does not work like that. Yes, we contacted the admin and asked what the language policy is, as you insulted a specific member of our team. If anyone wishes, we will share the email sent to Kiteforum admin. Here is a link to Kiteforum.com topics which are still accessible and will never be removed:
kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2411625&hilit=crazyfly
kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2411667&hilit=crazyfly

This bar system is on the market since 2015 with minor modifications, but same power line and safety system principal (single front line flag out). We have sold thousands of these over the years and know the system front and back. If the bar had a design flaw as you indicate, do you really believe it would be possible for a brand to exist and grow with such a bar? The forums would be full of such posts as yours many years before. Probably your posts would be joined by hundreds of others with the same experience.

We understand that you will never understand the fact that each line is made from a natural material and manufactured with human input from the line supplier. Plus, each line is stitched by hand (this stitch is impossible to automate with machines only) so each line is unique and can have a hidden fault.

If we tell you today that your line failed because of faulty stitching, you probably will not accept it and will continue to claim a design flaw.

Your accusation that we are trying to cover things up is also false. We do not mind this being public at all. We have nothing to hide and know how we design and manufacture things.

We all feel sorry about your bar incident but will not stand false accusations.

CrazyFly Kiteboarding.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"CrazyFly Sick bar 2021 falling apart during a jump" started by Cezar