Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

CrazyFly Sculp 2022 Twisted & Bulging Struts!!!!!!!!!

Created by Cezar > 9 months ago, 12 Nov 2021
Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
12 Nov 2021 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

The brand new kite was delivered with faulty struts as per photos.
My post is not so much about this problem that perhaps for many is minor ,but the reaction of CF that forced me to repair the brand new kite!
At the same time claiming the struts got wrong during packing or transport!!!
The photos show the struts after initial inflation and afterwards when I pumped 3 or 4 times and tried to manipulate the bladders inside without taking them out.
They got a bit better but not enough to be acceptable.

Sandfoot
VIC, 566 posts
12 Nov 2021 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Dude that's Crazy...Fly.

First the bar and now the kite...did you get a board also ?

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
12 Nov 2021 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

...believe it or not, yes I have 3 of them

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
26 Dec 2021 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

Update, just to close this matter down:
The kite was fixed by Moti Levy and is now for sale since for obvious reasons I don't want to have any gear made by those Crooked Artists anymore
The kite flys quite well I just advice everyone not to use it with CF Crapbar, btw its for sale as well
And if you dont believe me I quote Evan from kiteforum.com:
"No one in their right mind will ride an unprotected 3mm line as a depower cord for boosting. Running it through a big loose tube is even worse compared to an unprotected rope in my eyes!"
If this is still not enough I quote one of the major and trusted retailers in OZ ,when I told him about CF Sickbar design flaws this is what he emailed:

" We used to stock them but not anymore since they are DANGEROUS "

If that's still not enough as for some CF devotees surely will not be! I can only wish them happy and ..."Safe" kiting in 2022 using as CF call it "State of the Art" and "Almighty" Sickbar!
Maybe you will be as "lucky" as myself and land in Hospital with only broken ribs, but maybe NOT!
www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/Review/CrazyFly-Sickbar-design-Flaws-make-it-Dangerous-to-use--BEWARE-?page=1

balsa
VIC, 34 posts
27 Dec 2021 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

And just to open this matter again. I bought the same setup as you only mine was 14metre sculp kite, I paid $1250. for kite and lines used once. Good buy until I had a long session on it, yikes what a piece of S;'';';';;;... So I put it up for sale then thought about the poor guy I would be selling it to so took it off the market and gave the kite someone else and made him promise me not to on sell it. Thought I would get a bar and lines out of it but the CF bar would not release easily so took a file to it and got it working better, of course there is no line length adjustment but the real killer was it only has 350 mill of throw when every other bar I had has 450 or more and I think you need 450 throw get proper depower. The bar is somewhere in the shed but will end up in the bin . Might use the lines to tie up my tomato plants.
Hope this helps you feel better Cezar.

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
29 Dec 2021 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Mate it does make me feel better You are doing definently right thing not selling this crap and keeping it in the garage as opposed to my attempt to sell it, at least for parts like good virtually new Liros flying lines etc.
To my defence I can only say that I do appropriately warn the potential buyers of this as CF calls Almighty or State of the Art Sickbar .
The design so "flawless and safe" in fact it wasn't changed from 2015 and still going strong- incredible achievement by any measure.
On the other hand Evan from kiteforum.com concluded you must be Insane to ride the bar with 3mm string for the "Power Line" not to mention other flaws I identified in my Sickbar Review.
So indeed I'm probably as crazy as CrazyFly artists themselves in this respect
Its a pity he doesn't say anything about the people who supplied this string and what is the worst did hide it in the big PU tube together with flag out line so no one could see what their life depended on while boosting/ kite looping etc.
Not sure if I can call those CF guys criminals, but the negligence by the Manufacturer to put our life on this faulty dangerous bar is definitely of criminal nature!
The fact I didn't sustain permanent disability or even death was only my Luck and no credit for CF for this!!

Happy and safe kiting for everyone in 2022

CFofficial
3 posts
20 Jan 2022 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Dear Cezary,

As you know, we also posted a couple comments in your topics on Kiteforum.com which are still fully accessible with all posts (links below). We understand your frustration, but your false accusation have reached a limit. Therefore, we would like to state a few facts:

The problems in your case started after you inflated a brand new kite from us and were not happy with the struts. The bladders looked twisted. We see the kite is now in good condition and up for sale. When we emailed you that all this kite needs is a professional kite repairer to look at and let us know if only the struts needed a refit, we received an email from you full of false accusations that the kite is stitched wrong, strut material too thin (the main news on our 2022 kites) different placement of the strut to LE etc. If anyone wishes, we will post full email from Cezary. Was posted on Kiteforum.com and still accessible. Looks like the kite needed only a strut re-fit after all. If the kite repairer would state that stitching was wrong, we would take the kite back and replace it.

Later on, you experienced a power line failure. At this time, we have been falsely accused on not fitting the power line into your bar. We would like to state that all power lines are loaded three times with 300 kgs after they are stitched. At the end of the bar assembly, each bar is also loaded with 150 kgs (would fail without a power line fitted inside) and safety is triggered three times. It is not possible for a bar to leave our door without a power line. And a bar without a power line would break during the first kite launch.

You also falsely accuse us that the power line is not safe due to its diameter. The power line is a 600 kg breaking strength line. You can check with the manufacturer Liros in Germany. If you could please explain to us all, how does line diameter determine line strength, we would appreciate it. Please note, there are other major kite brands using the same power line size and even thinner power lines. Still, we rely on our own testing and knowledge.

You are also falsely claiming two same cases of power line breakages (yours and in Altona) while they are both completely different. Your power line broke in the stitching while the one in Altona broke 6 cm above the stitching, which is 9 cm above the borehole you falsely claim causes abrasion and wear. The bar from Altona is in our office and power line with the line supplier for further investigation.

You are correct on one point, the safety line and power line are inside the same PU tube. If there are bars with non PU covered lines and you can run the bar on them up and down thousands of cycles with sand and hand pressure and these line last for a long time, how can a safety line that only moves when the safety is triggered cause a power line to break? If you could explain this phenomenon, would be great. The fact that these lines are inside the same PU tube poses no danger and no wear to the power line at all.

You also falsely present on your photos where the power line is connected on the bar.

You have falsely accused us that our production is not under cameras. Well, it is all under cameras for multiple reasons and we see it live and can back trace to any point. We attach a photo for you, where you can see that kite quality control and inserting bladders and inflating the kite is a two-person job. They cross check each other and enter all kite data to a tablet. Sorry Cezary, but your kite did not leave our door with twisted bladders. Even after all false accusations and swearwords towards us, you are welcome to come to our factory and check how we manufacture things.

We understand from your emails and posts that you like to bend information and accuse everyone of everything. But, please note that presenting completely false information about a company in public online places is also an offense and laws apply. Our lawyers have been storing all your communication, private and public and you will hear from them soon. You have also insulted one of our colleagues across forums and have falsely quoted his interview, which you took out of context. The part you were quoting about cheap bars was a rhetoric question implicating what customers say about all bars in general. In no way did the interviewee implicate that we manufacture cheap bars.

Your topic on Kiteforum.com was closed because you assaulted a fellow member of the kiteforum with swearwords. It was not closed because the admin does what we say. It does not work like that. Yes, we contacted the admin and asked what the language policy is, as you insulted a specific member of our team. If anyone wishes, we will share the email sent to Kiteforum admin. Here is a link to Kiteforum.com topics which are still accessible and will never be removed:
kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2411625&hilit=crazyfly
kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2411667&hilit=crazyfly

This bar system is on the market since 2015 with minor modifications, but same power line and safety system principal (single front line flag out). We have sold thousands of these over the years and know the system front and back. If the bar had a design flaw as you indicate, do you really believe it would be possible for a brand to exist and grow with such a bar? The forums would be full of such posts as yours many years before. Probably your posts would be joined by hundreds of others with the same experience.

We understand that you will never understand the fact that each line is made from a natural material and manufactured with human input from the line supplier. Plus, each line is stitched by hand (this stitch is impossible to automate with machines only) so each line is unique and can have a hidden fault.

If we tell you today that your line failed because of faulty stitching, you probably will not accept it and will continue to claim a design flaw.

Your accusation that we are trying to cover things up is also false. We do not mind this being public at all. We have nothing to hide and know how we design and manufacture things.

We all feel sorry about your bar incident but will not stand false accusations.

CrazyFly Kiteboarding.

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
20 Jan 2022 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cezar said..
Thanks Mate it does make me feel better You are doing definently right thing not selling this crap and keeping it in the garage as opposed to my attempt to sell it, at least for parts like good virtually new Liros flying lines etc.
To my defence I can only say that I do appropriately warn the potential buyers of this as CF calls Almighty or State of the Art Sickbar .
The design so "flawless and safe" in fact it wasn't changed from 2015 and still going strong- incredible achievement by any measure.
On the other hand Evan from kiteforum.com concluded you must be Insane to ride the bar with 3mm string for the "Power Line" not to mention other flaws I identified in my Sickbar Review.
So indeed I'm probably as crazy as CrazyFly artists themselves in this respect
Its a pity he doesn't say anything about the people who supplied this string and what is the worst did hide it in the big PU tube together with flag out line so no one could see what their life depended on while boosting/ kite looping etc.
Not sure if I can call those CF guys criminals, but the negligence by the Manufacturer to put our life on this faulty dangerous bar is definitely of criminal nature!
The fact I didn't sustain permanent disability or even death was only my Luck and no credit for CF for this!!

Happy and safe kiting for everyone in 2022

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"CrazyFly Sculp 2022 Twisted & Bulging Struts!!!!!!!!!" started by Cezar