Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2022 Airush product range videos / New Ultra Team kite

Created by KiteBud > 9 months ago, 11 Sep 2021
KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
11 Sep 2021 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

For those who are interested in finding out more about the 2022 Airush product range, here are a couple of videos from the annual Board Sports Expo AWSI event (Association of Wind and Watersports Industries) in Hood River, Oregon USA.

LePhasme
WA, 59 posts
12 Sep 2021 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

Do you know if the hookipa is similar to the SLS material of duotone or the allula? As challenge is a provider of duotone too apparently I assume it's similar to SLS.
It will be interesting to see what kind of weight gain we can expect from it.

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
13 Sep 2021 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LePhasme said..
Do you know if the hookipa is similar to the SLS material of duotone or the allula? As challenge is a provider of duotone too apparently I assume it's similar to SLS.
It will be interesting to see what kind of weight gain we can expect from it.

Hi Loris, I don't believe I'm allowed to share this info just yet. I'm actually surprised they showed that kite during the AWSI event. There should be a public release of the Ultra Team kite with all the specs in a couple of weeks.

NathanG
NSW, 139 posts
13 Sep 2021 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

After binging on loads of video over the weekend from the annual AWSI event at Hood River, this was the most interesting takeout:www.challengesailcloth.com/hookipa

The Tkb interviewer said he'd been to an AWSI seminar on the new material from Challenge Sailcloth... I wish that seminar had been shared to the masses!

It would be great to know strength, weight, cost, durability, stiffness, how much extra PSI in leading edge without the sales pitch/marketing hype...

Looks like my 2015 kites will get upgraded next season to Aluula or Hookipa. How exotic!

Youngbreezy
WA, 938 posts
3 Oct 2021 7:20AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Cbulota!

Very excited about the new airush hookipa, team ultra and nitro wing ding. Any idea how long before they hit the market in Oz?

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
3 Oct 2021 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Youngbreezy said..
Hey Cbulota!

Very excited about the new airush hookipa, team ultra and nitro wing ding. Any idea how long before they hit the market in Oz?

Giving you a date would be pure speculation at this stage as production has not yet started for those. Based on my discussions with Airush I would say absolute best case scenario we would get those in Australia around Feb 2022. There are so many factors that could delay this much further.

We'll be placing a small order for some Ultra Team kites as soon as they become available to order. Anyone who wishes to place an order for the Ultra Team or Nitro Wing is welcome to contact us: www.kitebud.com.au/contact-us/

Thanks

Christian

Youngbreezy
WA, 938 posts
3 Oct 2021 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Damn! Just at the end of summer! Oh well all good things are worth waiting for.

I haven't even seen any official info on the new products so I know I am frothing out a bit early!

An 8m ultra team in cross off solid down the line waves, that would be a new experience in drift!

vikingboarder
WA, 8 posts
6 Nov 2021 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

Where is the Razor?

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
7 Nov 2021 5:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vikingboarder said..
Where is the Razor?

Good point, here are the latest Razor V10 Videos. If you are based in Perth, you can request a demo of the Razors directly from our team Riders (Steve, Shane or Cody: www.kitebud.com.au/about-us/ )

Christian

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
13 Jan 2022 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Airush fans,

we'll be placing an order for the first Ultra Team production starting this month. Delivery expected in April 2022.

Send me a message if you'd like to be one of the first ones to get your hands on this kite

Christian - KiteBud

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
24 May 2022 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hi All, the Ultra Team kite is finally released to the public:

airush.com/kites/ultra-team/

Detailed tech video coming in next week. First batch of production is now finished. Demos will be available in Perth at the start of next season (October).

weebitbreezy
617 posts
24 May 2022 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

They need to sort out the website/marketing if they want to sell any of these!

Kite performance scores are identical so you are basically looking at a 10m for the weight of a 9m? Great but that's like 1 knot on the wind range difference for $xxxx difference in cost. The kite is all about riding the foil (apparently) and then you get wind ranges for twin tip riding.

They need to take a leaf out of Duotone's marketing and basically say something like - 'Its not about the weight saving, its about how much better this thing flies. The weight is competitive (a bit more than a slingshot UFO) but not light enough to play top trumps against the lightweight foil kites (9m Hyperlink is nearly 500g lighter for a bigger windrange) or no strut kites so they need to focus on the characteristics otherwise duotone will launch an SLS mono and undercut them (though I doubt that would fly as nicely).

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
31 May 2022 5:51AM
Thumbs Up

New tech video just released:

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2022 Airush product range videos / New Ultra Team kite" started by KiteBud