Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
1 Jan 2020 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

Disclosure: No affiliations with any brand or shop
Demoe'd from: The Zu in St Kilda
Pricey: $1450 ... Yep my jaw dropped
Current Kites: Cab Drifters 7 and 10m
Current Board: Tomo Vanguard 5'7" (prone surf construction still holding up)
Previous Boards: Too many to mention, but 5'9" and 6" Vaders (surf constrx), Oke Kiteboard 5", North Nuggets 2018, 2017, North Whip 2017, Cabrinha Skillits 2015-17.
Session: 10m drifter light winds up to 20kn
Skill level: High up on kook scale
Overall rating: 8/10

Positives:
Great board that looks like a surfboard and is super light, easy upwind with low rocker

Have not had a chance to get in waves more than waste high

Deck grip is excellent especially with front foot step, has screwholes for straps but why would you

Negatives:
Lack of rocker makes it feel a bit blocky in the waves bit like a Nugget

Have heard someone with one of these boards has already got deck depressions after only a few months (no cork absorber)

Price.. You could buy a firewire prone board for about half that price and just live with the depressions

Gateman
QLD, 409 posts
1 Jan 2020 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Peahi said..
Previous Boards: Too many to mention, but 5'9" and 6" Vaders (surf constrx), Oke Kiteboard 5", North Nuggets 2018, 2017, North Whip 2017, Cabrinha Skillits 2015-17.

Positives:
Great board that looks like a surfboard and is super light, easy upwind with low rocker

Deck grip is excellent especially with front foot step, has screwholes for straps but why would you

Negatives:

Have heard someone with one of these boards has already got deck depressions after only a few months (no cork absorber)

Price.. You could buy a firewire prone board for about half that price and just live with the depressions

Hey Peahi, not the greatest review in my mind, 2 of the 3 negative points were "what you heard"
Positives were "great board with flat rocker" and not much more. Maybe ride it a few more sessions and get back to us, the above can hardly be classed as a "review"

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
2 Jan 2020 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gateman said..

Peahi said..

Positives:

Negatives:

Hey Peahi, not the greatest review in my mind, 2 of the 3 negative points were "what you heard"
Positives were "great board with flat rocker" and not much more. Maybe ride it a few more sessions and get back to us, the above can hardly be classed as a "review"

Thanks for the feedback (fairly new to writing reviews). However conditions were marginal, and I don't make stuff up or copy from the manufacturer.

I will see if they let me have it for a few more days. I can also confirm the deck depression thing with the guy as I know him.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2020 North Cross 5'4"" started by Peahi