Forums > Kitesurfing General

kitesurfing in adelaide

Created by sean01 > 9 months ago, 4 Feb 2008
sean01
4 posts
4 Feb 2008 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

hey, i just spent a couple of weeks with some buddies in w.a and gave kitesurfing a crack and loved it i really want to try get into it. just wondering what its like here in adelaide. the problem is i live up in the north eastern suburbs so the closest beaches are semaphore west beach exc will i have to travel further than that.

thanks for any tips sean

pintofpale
SA, 229 posts
5 Feb 2008 2:22AM
Thumbs Up

Adelaide rocks... Good seabreese almost every day in summer. Largs Bay generally has strongest wind, then Semaphore, then Henley beach. South of Henley (Torrens river mouth) is off limits due to the Airport.. Don't bother going further any south in summer as the wind generally blows offshore. You need a permit (SAKSA membership) around Semaphore and there are areas off limits. Good idea to get membership anyway as it gets you insurance.

P.C_simpson
NSW, 1489 posts
5 Feb 2008 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Get in touch with onboard or the kite factory ( phils sand pit ) they both have great shops loads of gear advice and can organise lessons as well..

gibo
QLD, 213 posts
5 Feb 2008 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Check out www.saksa.com for info on adelaide beaches, current kiting restrictions, and upcoming events, shops, lessons, etc.
Largs bay is a good spot to learn, just get your saksa membership and insurance done first (council condition). Phils kiteshop is on military rd just south of the Bower rd intersection (opposite fort glanville) if you are after any gear etc
Also the SA freestyle titles are on this weekend at west beach SLSC so feel free to come down and meet some of the local crew. event will kick off once the seabreeze comes up, or the bar opens....

sean01
4 posts
20 Feb 2008 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

thanks a lot guys for all that info it will help a lot. im spuwing i went away working iv just got back. so i only just seen the info about the SA freestyle titles. ill check out the kite factory they seem to be the place to check out.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"kitesurfing in adelaide" started by sean01