Forums > Kitesurfing General

Unknown fin (Naish Global Custom 2010)

Created by Couglat > 9 months ago, 2 Jul 2019
Couglat
6 posts
2 Jul 2019 3:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

I just bought a used board (Naish Global Custom 2010) and one of the fins was missing.

Went to my local shop, they hadn't this type of fin and I couldn't manage to find it on the Internet.
It looks like a FCS but without the gap between the two fixings.

Does anyone know the kind of this fin ?
It would be much appreciated !
Thanks

ExSurfCentre
WA, 481 posts
2 Jul 2019 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

Can you post a pic of the fin box? I'd guess that you can use any Fcs 1 fins in its place.

Couglat
6 posts
2 Jul 2019 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi ExSurfCentre,

Here is a pic of the box :

I confirm that FCS 1 fins can be mount in the box.
I bought one at my local shop and first time in the water the fin broke . In shallow water, all the fins gently hit the sand and only the FCS1 fin broke ... So I guess it's not the best option.

Livit
WA, 542 posts
2 Jul 2019 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Couglat said..
Hi ExSurfCentre,

Here is a pic of the box :

I confirm that FCS 1 fins can be mount in the box.
I bought one at my local shop and first time in the water the fin broke . In shallow water, all the fins gently hit the sand and only the FCS1 fin broke ... So I guess it's not the best option.

Was the mark at the rear of the box there before or did it appear after breaking that FCS fin?

What is it that broke on the FCS fin?

To me sounds/looks more it is bad luck and FCS will do the job as well as a Naish fin which is probably of the lowest quality std as per usual with fin that are supplied by mainstream brands.

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
2 Jul 2019 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

If it's the rear fin,
Think I have two matching rears that came off a 2010 Naish fish.
from memory the rears were much smaller.

Couglat
6 posts
4 Jul 2019 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

That wasn't the box where the fin broke.
Here is a pic where it broke (it remains the fin's rear fixings ) :

ExSurfCentre, maybe you're right and it's just bad luck. Just don't want to buy and other one ending with the same result

@Vendor : yup, the rear fins are smaller but the one that broke was a front one.

ExSurfCentre
WA, 481 posts
4 Jul 2019 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Couglat said..
Hi guys,

That wasn't the box where the fin broke.
Here is a pic where it broke (it remains the fin's rear fixings ) :

ExSurfCentre, maybe you're right and it's just bad luck. Just don't want to buy and other one ending with the same result

@Vendor : yup, the rear fins are smaller but the one that broke was a front one.

Bad luck for sure, original fins would arguably be a bit stronger but sometimes its better to break a fin than smash a fin box.

'gently hit the sand' sounds like a fine art to master ?????? Best bet probably to stay away from the shallows ????????????

Couglat
6 posts
5 Jul 2019 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

ExSurfCentre said..

'gently hit the sand' sounds like a fine art to master ?????? Best bet probably to stay away from the shallows ????????????

Is is indeed
By that, I meant I was going back ashore at low speed and not speeding over rocks

I'll try again the FSC1 and let you know.

Thanks for the tips
Have a good weekend

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Unknown fin (Naish Global Custom 2010)" started by Couglat