Forums > Kitesurfing General

To avoid disappointment this X-Mas

Created by ActionSportsWA > 9 months ago, 17 Dec 2014
ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
17 Dec 2014 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Peeps,

To avoid a shocker over Christmas, if you are buying a new board for yourself or you receive one. PUT YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON IT BEFORE you go out.

Our new staff member Andrea bought her beau a brand new Core carbon Fusion (Hellofaniceboard). The beau lost it within two days! Before it was even fully paid off!

Luckily, he's a smart lad and his name was on it and he received a call a day or two later and it was returned.

If you don't want to write on your board, put some tape on it and write on the tape, or attach a tag to the handle.

The public are good peeps and would love to return your board if they can get a hold of you. 30 seconds could save you over a grand!

Have a Merry Christmas!

DM

KitersElbow
WA, 78 posts
17 Dec 2014 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ActionSportsWA said..
Hi Peeps,

To avoid a shocker over Christmas, if you are buying a new board for yourself or you receive one. PUT YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON IT BEFORE you go out.

Our new staff member Andrea bought her beau a brand new Core carbon Fusion (Hellofaniceboard). The beau lost it within two days! Before it was even fully paid off!

Luckily, he's a smart lad and his name was on it and he received a call a day or two later and it was returned.

If you don't want to write on your board, put some tape on it and write on the tape, or attach a tag to the handle.

The public are good peeps and would love to return your board if they can get a hold of you. 30 seconds could save you over a grand!

Have a Merry Christmas!

DM

Second that. Had my board returned to me thanks to my phone number being on it after I lost it while still learning up at Pinnas.

The girl who picked my board up told me her boyfriend had just gotten his returned after losing it on a morning easterly session...it washed up on Rotto!!

Subculture
443 posts
17 Dec 2014 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Well said Darren. I'm always advising people to write their phone number on their boards. Pick a white/light patch of board and get a black permanent marker. Something like "Reward - [your number]" is a good idea and brief enough.

Now, the Holy Grail.. How to get the number off if you sell the board

Aerogard.. Yes, Aerogard

Be aware that the tin I am using is very old, so they may have changed something in the formula since then - so do a test first if you're worried. But with the tin (it's the aerosol type BTW) I have, spray some on a cloth and permanent marker wipes straight off your board!

Or as Darren said above, if you don't want to write on your board, write on a tag or some PVC tape..

Unhook3d
WA, 467 posts
17 Dec 2014 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Extra extra large 10mm wide cable tie and an engraver.

Haydn24
QLD, 473 posts
17 Dec 2014 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Err umm

Learn how to body drag

How people lose boards in beyond me

Lorgra
WA, 215 posts
17 Dec 2014 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Haydn24 said..
Err umm

Learn how to body drag

Not having a go but sometimes it's hard to see a board when it's upside down, especially with the dark colours the manufactures use.

I have a green X-Ride and trying to find it at times is hard.

I had the same comment from a guy who's board I rescued a couple of weeks ago.

And yes, put your name on it!

Happened to me when I was learning a few years ago and it only cost me a carton to the guy who found it, not hundreds of dollars for a new one.

And Merry Christmas everyone!!

GSS
WA, 75 posts
17 Dec 2014 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Even the shop sticker works have had a local lass lose hers twice once landed in Horrocks, second time landed on Abroholos Islands both times returned back to the shop here where she could be contacted. Classic. Shoutout to all the good people out there returning this gear, good karma will serve you well.

WAPOL
WA, 6 posts
17 Dec 2014 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

All Kiters - why wouldnt you identify your gear ? Please put a contact number on the kite and board.
One you will get it back and two it saves a lot of effort and angst wondering if the person who WAS attached to the gear is safe.

Of course it wont happen to you - until it does ! Then it it is too late.

Any safety issues ring Water Police 94428600.

Rails
QLD, 1370 posts
17 Dec 2014 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

For those of us not in WA call (08) 9442 8600

mcbain
WA, 73 posts
17 Dec 2014 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Worked twice for me

geordieboy
WA, 224 posts
17 Dec 2014 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Haydn24 said..
Err umm

Learn how to body drag

no point in boddy dragging if you cant see the bloody thing duuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Subculture
443 posts
17 Dec 2014 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WAPOL said..
All Kiters - why wouldnt you identify your gear ? Please put a contact number on the kite and board.
One you will get it back and two it saves a lot of effort and angst wondering if the person who WAS attached to the gear is safe.

Of course it wont happen to you - until it does ! Then it it is too late.

Any safety issues ring Water Police 94428600.

Well said - and thanks for posting on this thread.

Common sense; unfortunately not so common…

Haydn24
QLD, 473 posts
17 Dec 2014 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
geordieboy said..

Haydn24 said..
Err umm

Learn how to body drag

no point in boddy dragging if you cant see the bloody thing duuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Durrrrrrrrrr

get a gojoe or something lol

who would buy a board they cant see

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
17 Dec 2014 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Lost my board a bit back, a stunning bling returned it to me , how did you know it was my board I said? Cause it's got a picture of you she said

[V

]

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
17 Dec 2014 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
Lost my board a bit back, a stunning bling returned it to me , how did you know it was my board I said? Cause it's got a picture of you she said

[V

]

Hahaa reckon u must be suffering from altitude sickness after this last week mick. You've turned into a yeti and adapted!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
17 Dec 2014 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dave Whettingsteel said..

cauncy said..

[V

]

Hahaa reckon u must be suffering from altitude sickness after this last week mick. You've turned into a yeti and adapted!

ive been hanging under a bar a fair bit , whens it gonna stop

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"To avoid disappointment this X-Mas" started by ActionSportsWA