Forums > Kitesurfing General

Neoprene jacket/coat

Created by codebreaker > 9 months ago, 2 May 2016
codebreaker
13 posts
2 May 2016 6:34AM
Thumbs Up

Hello, I'm just thinking to buy one of those neoprene jackets/coats on the market, to stay warm between sessions or on the water as well.As far I have been searching on the net, I found some interesting ones:

- ION Shelter Jacket (with hook hole)
- Mystic Battle Sharkskin
- Mystic Coast
- NP hoodies (not sure if neoprene or not)

Does anyone have any kind of experience with these jackets? Are they worth the expense (especially if it's freezing) ?Do you recommend anything else?Cheers!!!

bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
2 May 2016 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

They are great. Throw them over your wetsuit and get warm.

horey69
QLD, 495 posts
2 May 2016 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

I keep my NP in my ute, use it for work if it pisses down then of course between sessions or for the way home. The NP is neoprene mine is at least two years old and still in perfect condition. Worth the coin.

Mark50
NSW, 166 posts
3 May 2016 12:55AM
Thumbs Up

+1 on the NP hoodie. Excellent for the cooler weather both on and off the water.

codebreaker
13 posts
3 May 2016 2:12AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks, it's getting more clear now. To be honest, NP hoodies are really cool but to me seem the coldest among those ones.
Are they helpful during the winter as well? :)

horey69
QLD, 495 posts
3 May 2016 6:21AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah they are great during winter.

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
3 May 2016 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

NP are great, standard issue for all the KP instructors and they love them. I've seen Ion they look good too, so does the Mystic, easiest to obtain will be NP and Ion, - NP from any Cabrinha dealer and Ion from any North dealer, not sure about Mystic. They are available but probably a special order and a bit of a wait.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
3 May 2016 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome bit of gear, we stock the ION's.
Most of the team riders use them after sessions or just as their winter jacket, super warm and dry pretty quickly.

KiteAddicted
59 posts
3 May 2016 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

I have the mystic battle jacket (shorter style). It is toasty but heavy on the water. Very good at shielding from sideways rain. Great off the water . I'd recommend.cant comment on others. Haven't tried them.

gesper
NSW, 517 posts
3 May 2016 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

I use one of these over winter dryrobe.com/ to stay toasty warm when I come in for a break . Wear over wetsuit no worries . Well worth the money . I got mine shipped over from company in UK but ya can get them on Ebay cheaper.

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
4 May 2016 12:21AM
Thumbs Up

Another vote for the NP had mine for about 2 year wear it between sessions and sometimes during a session depending on temp.

Kitehard
WA, 2782 posts
Site Sponsor
3 May 2016 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, been using my Ion shelter jacket for a year now and love it. I wear it on the water kiting as well as on the beach in the late season sundown breeze. It works and is comfortable to wear.

codebreaker
13 posts
5 May 2016 2:16AM
Thumbs Up

Thank you indeed for sharing your experiences and thoughts!! They are really helpful!

At this moment I am more oriented to the Ion Shelter and NP hoodies. :)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Neoprene jacket/coat" started by codebreaker