Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kiting Tassie

Created by bigman > 9 months ago, 18 Sep 2009
bigman
QLD, 226 posts
18 Sep 2009 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Just moved to Hobart, where do I kite?, Preferably surf.

sleek1
VIC, 672 posts
18 Sep 2009 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

launch your kite then just head to victoria,perfect timing for summer, couple gnarly dudes just did so seems like the go.

HOPELESS
QLD, 25 posts
19 Sep 2009 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

I was there in late febuary and scored Narrawnpu National park (or Bakers Beach as I used to know it) Had the whole place to myself and would reccomend a look if you make it to the north coast.I used to live in Bicheno and would reccomend Dennison beach, just north of the town,and deffinately Friendly Beach,actually you can go downwind from Bicheno to The Friendly Beaches via a place called Half Moon Bay, which actually is a nice little point beak. If you can handle the cool the you are set for a real treat. Good Luck ! Keep us posted!

lowstevo
WA, 95 posts
19 Sep 2009 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

im heading over that way in december for a week to see relo's in launceston, anywhere near there worth a look? preferably for the surfboard and kite..

cheers

funkyllama
TAS, 308 posts
19 Sep 2009 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hey bigman

you wanna check out clifton and goats beaches on southerlies and easterlies for waves, and there's a crew out of park beach too that hit it up on southerlies and anything with west in it.

As Hopeless said, the NW coast is supreme for wind directions and waves, check out the tassie section on this forum there's an event on up north in 2 weeks time that will introduce you to heaps of the crew here and get all the info you could want on kite spots.

JK

funkyllama
TAS, 308 posts
19 Sep 2009 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

lowstevo you will want a car and drive north till you hit coast. There will be kitable beaches everywhere. Just watch out for the local madmen boosing nuking winds.

bigman
QLD, 226 posts
20 Sep 2009 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys, will have a look

bigman
QLD, 226 posts
20 Sep 2009 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys, will have a look

greenleader
QLD, 5283 posts
20 Sep 2009 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

is that both of your heads replying?

WillyO
QLD, 263 posts
21 Sep 2009 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

greenleader said...

is that both of your heads replying?

Hahaha!

bigman
QLD, 226 posts
22 Sep 2009 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

yeah, same old Tassie jokes, any wetsuits with two collars in stock?

KiteDevil
TAS, 778 posts
22 Sep 2009 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

yerr I've got a couple. Since the operation my sister can now join me in the same wetsuit.
It's ace.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kiting Tassie" started by bigman