Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kitesuring in Southern Sardinia: the best spots

Created by Magdalena > 9 months ago, 4 Nov 2015
Magdalena
11 posts
4 Nov 2015 12:04AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

I am writing this post in order to try to explain which are, from my experience, the best kite spot in the sothern Sardinia (with this post I would like also to answer to a question a Scott to one of my previous posts .... the post is too old and I can't replay there).

I love Sardinia and I am going there each year (I am from Austria!). I have learned to Kitesurf with KiteGeneration Kiteschool (www.kitegeneration.com/) and now they are my Sardinian Friends :)
In Sardinia the prevalent wind are Mistral (North-West) and Sirocco (South-East). In generation the wind conditions are very variable: one day the wind can blow from North-West, the day after from East, the Next day can be Thermal wind.
For this reason it is very hard to say wich is the best spot giving that depending on wind condtions you should change spot. I can say/suggest that in Sardinia it is mandatory to have/rent a car ... unless you will join to a school that offers something like a shuttle service to the spots.
One of the best point for kitesurfing is Cagliari because there there is a big beach (the Poetto beach) and because from Cagliari you can easily reach all the most famous spots in Sardinia: Poetto beach, Petrol Beach, Villasimius, Chia, Punta Trettu and Porto Botte.
you can find more info to this link: www.kitegeneration.com//kite-spot-sardinia/
I hope my info are useful for somebody :)

Bye
Mag

Phoney
NSW, 585 posts
4 Nov 2015 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Mag,

What months does it blow in Sardinia? I will be in Europe for most of summer next year and I'm scouting around for spots. I'm still not sure if its worth bringing my kites & a board or just renting as I go.

Although I bet it's full of Euro's who sh1t in the dunes.

Magdalena
11 posts
4 Nov 2015 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Phoney,

in Southern Sardinia, the wind (Mistral, Sirocco, Libeccio, Levante, Grecale or THERMIC wind ) is blowing almost everyday! You have just to choose the correct spot moving by car (it can be necessary to change spot even everyday).
Maybe you can find some more info here: kiteboardingsardinia.com/weather-kitesurfing-sardinia/

Mag

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitesuring in Southern Sardinia: the best spots" started by Magdalena