Forums > Kitesurfing General

Hello Tassie Kiters! Wanna see my map?

Created by Fooosh > 9 months ago, 22 Oct 2010
Fooosh
WA, 563 posts
22 Oct 2010 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

I'm coming to Hobart / Dover and surrounds in December and was wondering if there were any friendly kiters there? Perhaps some suggested spots and wind stats. I picked these up but what do you guys suggest kite wise (if at all?).

www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/cw_094020.shtml

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/General/Kiting-in-Tasmania-2/?SearchTerms=tasmania

Thanks in advance. PM me if you'd rather keep it close! I won't tell....

Jimbob McBoilygroin
QLD, 82 posts
23 Oct 2010 2:01AM
Thumbs Up

did someone say pigs?

mmmmmm pigs

shitdetector
NSW, 100 posts
23 Oct 2010 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

No sense in any answers so far hey so why not pm Kitedevil. He will have the answers

ezza
NSW, 561 posts
23 Oct 2010 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

i'm sorry... i just read Map, Tassie, and I got entirely the wrong idea [}:)]

funkyllama
TAS, 308 posts
23 Oct 2010 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

loads of info here dude: http://www.tksa.org.au/Home/tabid/207/ctl/Privacy/language/en-AU/Default.aspx

heaps of kiters to hang out with - we need more bait for the sharks: www.coastview.com.au/site/surfing/articles/shark_sighting_clears_south_arm_beaches/

we like maps of brazil actually...

funkyllama
TAS, 308 posts
24 Oct 2010 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Fooosh said...

funkyllama said...

loads of info here dude: http://www.tksa.org.au/Home/tabid/207/ctl/Privacy/language/en-AU/Default.aspx

Nop. Needs a log in.

Ok in that case...
Dover is pretty far south, and kinda has Bruny Island in the way. Will be happy to point out a few potential spots down that way that we think would work...

Hicko
QLD, 134 posts
26 Oct 2010 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

funkyllama said...
[br we need more bait for the sharks: http://www.coastview.com.au/site/surfing/articles/shark_sighting_clears_south_arm_beaches/

Geeze Llama, stop scaring the tourists! (mind you -some freaky ass shadows at the yard the other day!).

Hey Foosh, 13 or 12/9 combo should have you sorted in most conditions (unless you have a pie fettish - in which case go bigger). You'll be fine in a 3/2 wettie or boardies and a wettie top that time of year. Range of surf/flat water options around Hobs - not sure about Dover. Should be getting some nice arvo seabreezes. SB graphs / Bom wx obs and CSIRO droughty hill sites are the go for Hobart weather. Def will be a few crew around that time of year. PM if you need more info. Enjoy yr trip

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
26 Oct 2010 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Also going to be over for 2 weeks in December - just ordered a bag for all of my gear . I was looking at December 2009 records and it's amazing that the wind comes from so many different directions at that time of year. I guess it's due to being such a small land mass that it doesn't affect the weather as much as the mainland does.

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
26 Oct 2010 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Simpsons Bay on Bruny Island looks like a good spot on Google.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Hello Tassie Kiters! Wanna see my map?" started by Fooosh