Forums > Kitesurfing General

Click to see kitefoiling photos.

Created by surfingboye > 9 months ago, 27 Apr 2016
surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
27 Apr 2016 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

The NSW Kitefoil state race titles was on last weekend. A good turnout with a few guys from interstate making the trek to race.
Jordan Girdis (flyinggirdie) of Syd won the State title, with Marvin Baumeister (INTHELOOP) taking the overall event win.
I spent some time in the water taking photos, may as well post a few...

/images/misc/forum-image-missing.gif

Got a heap more, I'll get a few more up later.

StKKiter
SA, 84 posts
27 Apr 2016 11:20PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics, you have a really good eye

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
28 Apr 2016 2:30AM
Thumbs Up

Nice shots dude. Have tried foiling yet? I still prefer a surfboard and waves but foiling is absolutely worth the effort to learn. Starting to wish I brought mine along to California right now, wind is barely 10 knots. I would be flying in that wind back home.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
28 Apr 2016 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
StKKiter said...

Cheers mate, I almost love taking photos more than kiting itself.

Select to expand quote
dafish said...
Nice shots dude. Have tried foiling yet? I still prefer a surfboard and waves but foiling is absolutely worth the effort to learn. Starting to wish I brought mine along to California right now, wind is barely 10 knots. I would be flying in that wind back home.

Nah man, still haven't given it a go. I really want to give it a go, just haven't been able to get a go yet. I'm sure it's bloody addictive and peaceful once you get the hang of it! Sad to hear no wind for you over there, Cali was fun for me.

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Apr 2016 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
StKKiter said..

I think he has really lovely eyes too!

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
29 Apr 2016 2:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said..

StKKiter said...

Cheers mate, I almost love taking photos more than kiting itself.

dafish said...

Nah man, still haven't given it a go. I really want to give it a go, just haven't been able to get a go yet. I'm sure it's bloody addictive and peaceful once you get the hang of it! Sad to hear no wind for you over there, Cali was fun for me.

I have time and the waves are fun, so it's no big deal. I have a lot of family and friends here so if I get a few kite sessions in then they are a bonus. But a bit more wind with the waves that are coming through would be extra nice. And yes, there really is a sense of peace from a smooth quiet ride on a magic carpet.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
1 May 2016 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Heads up to this guys sitting in the water below the windward mark in 30knots when we come flying (not always in control) downwind..This guy got buy grande cojones!Wicked pictures, thanks mate! FROTHING VOODOO STYLE

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
3 May 2016 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, love the photos :) I agree with Marvin, it takes big ones to be in front of a razor blade coming at you at 30knts :) Big up for photog..And yes, you can take it to waves..

, V

Indo last October..

Enjoy..

PS:this is not a hijack, just an insight into the foiling in waves discussion..

CJ2478
NSW, 482 posts
4 May 2016 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sir V said..
Hi guys, love the photos :) I agree with Marvin, it takes big ones to be in front of a razor blade coming at you at 30knts :) Big up for photog..And yes, you can take it to waves..

, V

Indo last October..

Enjoy..

PS:this is not a hijack, just an insight into the foiling in waves discussion..

I have a question regarding foil racing, in the event of a crash has anyone every been run over by a foil? Is foil racing as dangerous as I think it is?

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
4 May 2016 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

I'll let the racers answer that more specifically.. but danger is relative. You may be run over by a car as well and yet you go out on the street everyday.. they come at you a lot faster

knitting is safer.. but be careful with those eyes..

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
5 May 2016 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

it's no different to racing on raceboards . I haven't seen any injuries from collisions in perth during the racing .

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Click to see kitefoiling photos." started by surfingboye