Forums > Kitesurfing General

Best YARGA from 2003 -- Help required.

Created by daggy > 9 months ago, 9 Apr 2019
daggy
WA, 527 posts
9 Apr 2019 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Help! I'm looking for the complete bridle for a 9M Best YARGA.
Approx age 2003/2005
Back in the day I tried to learn on North RHINOs ( nearly killed me) then managed for a season body dragging and doing the walk of shame on a Cabrinha ACCESS. But then I got Best YARGAs and absolutely fell in love with kitesurfing!!
These kites were amazing and I was hooked.
Unfortunately I 'upgraded' to Best WAROO and nearly quit the sport 'cause I was so bored out there. ( Those kites SUCKED !!)
So, today I picked up an original Best YARGA. -- 9m in sexy orange in awesome condition ! I'm dying to fly this thing to see how it compares to my new kites and see how it holds up to my kite skills.
BUT, the bridle is missing.!!! The past owner was flying it as a 5 line kite which was an option on this kite, but I want it as a 4 line bridled kite.
Help!!! Do you have a 9m YARGA rotting away in your shed ?????
I need the complete bridle set up. If you have a wrecked kite and can detach the bridle? , OR just measure it up and send me the specs I'd be stoked.

Glenn

KPSS Used
NSW, 372 posts
Site Sponsor
9 Apr 2019 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
daggy said..
Help! I'm looking for the complete bridle for a 9M Best YARGA.
Approx age 2003/2005
Back in the day I tried to learn on North RHINOs ( nearly killed me) then managed for a season body dragging and doing the walk of shame on a Cabrinha ACCESS. But then I got Best YARGAs and absolutely fell in love with kitesurfing!!
These kites were amazing and I was hooked.
Unfortunately I 'upgraded' to Best WAROO and nearly quit the sport 'cause I was so bored out there. ( Those kites SUCKED !!)
So, today I picked up an original Best YARGA. -- 9m in sexy orange in awesome condition ! I'm dying to fly this thing to see how it compares to my new kites and see how it holds up to my kite skills.
BUT, the bridle is missing.!!! The past owner was flying it as a 5 line kite which was an option on this kite, but I want it as a 4 line bridled kite.
Help!!! Do you have a 9m YARGA rotting away in your shed ?????
I need the complete bridle set up. If you have a wrecked kite and can detach the bridle? , OR just measure it up and send me the specs I'd be stoked.

Glenn

If it is that old, they never had bridles. I think the first year they switched to bridles was 2007...

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
9 Apr 2019 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

I have an orange Yarga in my shed.
I can confirm that the lines just attach on all 4 corners, similar to a slingshot fuel.
You have to pump up all the struts one by one and they don't have lockoff valves, such a nightmare.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
9 Apr 2019 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wishy said..
I can confirm that the lines just attach on all 4 corners, similar to a slingshot fuel.
You have to pump up all the struts one by one and they don't have lockoff valves, such a nightmare.

1st world problems right there

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
9 Apr 2019 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

wishy said..

1st world problems right there

Yeah! It takes at least 3 minutes longer to get out on the water, unbelievable!

bjw
NSW, 3584 posts
10 Apr 2019 7:38AM
Thumbs Up

I got the latest Clckbar and the above bar depower is missing.

holgs
WA, 295 posts
10 Apr 2019 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

No manufacturer had an SLE on the market prior to 2006 models. Before then, the only LEIs with bridles were 2 line. The Legaignoux brothers had patented the bridled SLE concept a few years earlier. From memory, their LEI patent was expiring around that time when they granted manufacturers licences for SLE.

daggy
WA, 527 posts
12 Apr 2019 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Cool
Looks like I'm launching a 5-liner then.
Looks like after 16 years of kiting, hundreds of face plants and many after session beers, my memory is letting me down.
Thanks guys

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Best YARGA from 2003 -- Help required." started by daggy