Forums > Kitesurfing General

Australian wave Nationals 2018

Created by Zebra80 > 9 months ago, 27 May 2018
pgc
VIC, 883 posts
22 Jul 2018 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

i believe they can move it to any spot. More news this week with the press release.

iandvnt
QLD, 581 posts
27 Jul 2018 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

I am not suprised they chose Bells for their GKA sailing competition. It totally makes sense that they would do that. I really can't wait for this.

It is totally devoid of surfers in December ( low season) so no worries there, and even if there were several hundred they wouldnt mind getting out and watching this spectacle for sure from the beach for 5 or 6 days even.

The cliff makes for great viewing and also super steady offshore winds ideal for sailing.

As well as consistant 22 knots day and night, the icing on the cake is that at high tide the launch area is of considerable size for festival dance party type setups mixed with launching and landings down the k hole.

awesome work! #gkakitekooks

Colinwilton
57 posts
17 Aug 2018 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GMkal said..
Hey Zebra80,

Kiteboarding Australia is currently reviewing our event calendar and looking at the best option to host the wave nationals for next season.

In the last two months there has been a national wave committee formed, which is looking to form a standardised competition format across the country to deliver state and national events.

We are currently in the process of seeking and reviewing expressions of interests for a host for the wave event. I expect there will be an announcement made in the coming months.

We are always open to assistance from the kite community to make events like this happen, and to be honest we rely on it. So please don't hesitate to reach out to help out!

Is that the wave titles ??????

smook
VIC, 196 posts
17 Aug 2018 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Colinwilton said..

GMkal said..
Hey Zebra80,

Kiteboarding Australia is currently reviewing our event calendar and looking at the best option to host the wave nationals for next season.

In the last two months there has been a national wave committee formed, which is looking to form a standardised competition format across the country to deliver state and national events.

We are currently in the process of seeking and reviewing expressions of interests for a host for the wave event. I expect there will be an announcement made in the coming months.

We are always open to assistance from the kite community to make events like this happen, and to be honest we rely on it. So please don't hesitate to reach out to help out!

Is that the wave titles ??????

Leo GKA have announced event at Torquay and National/ Qualifier week before is in planning stage December 2018

pgc
VIC, 883 posts
21 Aug 2018 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

not bells. point danger with options and permits for many other spots

Surfer62
1357 posts
21 Aug 2018 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
iandvnt said..
I am not suprised they chose Bells for their GKA sailing competition. It totally makes sense that they would do that. I really can't wait for this.

It is totally devoid of surfers in December ( low season) so no worries there, and even if there were several hundred they wouldnt mind getting out and watching this spectacle for sure from the beach for 5 or 6 days even.

The cliff makes for great viewing and also super steady offshore winds ideal for sailing.

As well as consistant 22 knots day and night, the icing on the cake is that at high tide the launch area is of considerable size for festival dance party type setups mixed with launching and landings down the k hole.

awesome work! #gkakitekooks

Bells useage for comps has a very strict policy managed by Surfcoast shire on how many days it can be closed to public so it wont happen.

Pt Danger will be 1-2 foot at best either side of low tide and chance of wind before the summer arvo seabreeze is slim. Also December a dumb time of year to even consider pt danger cause the locals, surf schools and tourists cover the pt danger ( cozy corner ) beach at low tide ( as the locals know ) and the beach cant be closed off. Not to mention the local poley crew in the water, bad choice.

13th would be a chance for lumpy onshore mush in December.

Would be good to see the Zeb perform, Ruben tried pt danger a few years ago in summer and was gazumped by no wind on the day, he did enjoy a few frothies with the locals tho.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
21 Aug 2018 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pgc said..
i believe they can move it to any spot. More news this week with the press release.

Gnaraloo

bjw
NSW, 3584 posts
21 Aug 2018 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

pgc said..

Gnarloo

+1

hilly
WA, 7203 posts
21 Aug 2018 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
Gnarloo

At least spell it right

Colinwilton
57 posts
22 Aug 2018 5:57AM
Thumbs Up

My mun always told me if you going to do it do it right in the first time
dont understand why they (dont make it at Margaret River or some where in WA is a world tour event we have the best wind in the world in WA maybe they scare of sharks ??? Pussys!!
They need world class waves and wind
but Pcg want see his golden boy kite in his local spot
Is all about him just like Merimbula
Now that they told us the true that is not going to be at Bells Maybe still time to change to WA the event is only in December
Maybe i will be deleted for that

www.gopetition.com/start-a-petition?gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrTh3myZMGa3B2k5hLJBBqSsfeP1RfDNeEHNfNYduhLZA9bEty8xj291hoCofgQAvD_BwE

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
22 Aug 2018 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Colinwilton said..
dont understand why they (dont make it at Margaret River or some where in WA is a world tour event we have the best wind in the world in WA maybe they scare of sharks ??? Pussys!!
Now that they told us the true that is not going to be at Bells Maybe still time to change to WA the event is only in December

My Mum also told me:

"If you ain't got nothing nice to say, than don't say nothing!"

Surely the bitterness you hold against James, is irreverent now, as he has actually podiumed and won on the world tour.
(And not in his backyard).

Still not winning any mates Leo.

Colinwilton
57 posts
22 Aug 2018 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBFletch said..

Colinwilton said..

My Mum also told me:

"If you ain't got nothing nice to say, than don't say nothing!"

Surely the bitterness you hold against James, is irreverent now, as he has actually podiumed and won on the world tour.
(And not in his backyard).

Still not winning any mates Leo.

Oh yes just his sponsors talking
Leo think James is a great rider and not surprised he is doing well
Did him win doing a Lorocopter ????! Hahahaha
But he doesnt like his dad pgc that was trying to hook up with his girlfriend so he told him to get @#$%

Leo can do this airs with his eyes closed
Not Airtons airs he is a freak

Now Back to the topic

Why not WA????

www.gopetition.com/start-a-petition?gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrTh3myZMGa3B2k5hLJBBqSsfeP1RfDNeEHNfNYduhLZA9bEty8xj291hoCofgQAvD_BwE

quikdrawMcgraw
1221 posts
22 Aug 2018 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Can Leo get the weekend off col?

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
22 Aug 2018 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Colinwilton/Leo Who ever the Frick you are Your not helping Leo's future So you need to get off Seabreeze

Colinwilton
57 posts
22 Aug 2018 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vendeavours said..
Colinwilton/Leo Who ever the Frick you are Your not helping Leo's future So you need to get off Seabreeze

You dont you get it Leo has no future he is 38 years old and dont he give a **** he just want to see a great comp in a great spot with good wind and waves

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
22 Aug 2018 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Colinwilton said..

But he doesnt like his dad pgc that was trying to hook up with his girlfriend so he told him to get @#$%

Now Back to the topic

Why not WA????

Some of your best 3rd person yet Leo.....

You might be washed up but your refined grammar has a great future.

Colinwilton
57 posts
22 Aug 2018 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBFletch said..

Colinwilton said..

Now Back to the topic

Why not WA????

Some of your best 3rd person yet Leo.....

You might be washed up but your refined grammar has a great future.

Yes english is not his frist laguage but he can speak 3
Portuguese Spanish and English
How may can you rasist
**** speak

Now back to the topic
Wa is way better for a GKA comp????

www.gopetition.com/start-a-petition?gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrTh0ssDR3IAD1SZoKP9LMgk6HzdREjTdKtbDgKsoImUcOQhhJDFi5qrhoCGGoQAvD_BwE

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
22 Aug 2018 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Colinwilton said..

How may can you rasist
**** speak

Now back to the topic

www.gopetition.com/start-a-petition?gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrTh0ssDR3IAD1SZoKP9LMgk6HzdREjTdKtbDgKsoImUcOQhhJDFi5qrhoCGGoQAvD_BwE

Not many...
Just English, Japanese and German.

Good luck with your petition.
A better option would be to put your hand up to run it, rather than oppose everything.

Colinwilton
57 posts
22 Aug 2018 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBFletch said..

Colinwilton said..

How may can you rasist
**** speak

Now back to the topic

Not many...
Just English, Japanese and German.

Good luck with your petition.
A better option would be to put your hand up to run it, rather than oppose everything.

Just WA is a better location for a GKA comp does any one agree??? or im going Nutz

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
22 Aug 2018 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Colinwilton said..

Just WA is a better location for a GKA comp does any one agree??? or im going Nutz

Couldn't agree more. Margret River or Yallingup main break would be awesome. The obvious wind and swell makes this a logical choice but also better for spectators, Margaret's would be better for spectators as they have wheelchair access too Colin.

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
22 Aug 2018 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

No dis-agreeing but any location needs volunteers.It's one to choose the location, but it's another to actually put your hand up and run it.

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
22 Aug 2018 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

To Run event like GKA you need Major sponsors from out side of kite industry and kite industry Sate and local council support ,KBA And also volunteers And event manager/ organizer and lot more So to even get a event in Australia is a big thing Yes as all ways there are better spots We need to support this so in the future it will come back and may go to different locations So if you can not supply the above you are wasting your time and stopping GKA coming here Note having GKA coming here it is pushing for National titles and old and new talent to have chance to compete against the World and compete over seas completion

pgc
VIC, 883 posts
22 Aug 2018 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Well said jeff. The reason it's in Victoria is that the state government and tourism Victoria along with the coast shore council have put the bucks up. So if any one out there has a s hit load of cash they want to invest. Show us the money!!!! Wa is a far better spot but there are no funds and no one to connected enough to pull it together . So it is what it is and it will be a fun party and will draw large crowds to watch. The local schools are all on board to let the kids fly trainer kites. The tv coverage is there.
Now too see who gets thru the nationals and into the main event? Plus a few wild cards I believe for girls and boys. Go perry !!! Mischelle!!! And all the other girls . My money is on a Wa charger or maybe a sunny coast lad. No to forget the ledgends brad and Leigh from NSW or the many other talented Australian riders. All the major brands and team managers will be there so go hard and maybe some ones dream will come true and get on the world tour. Accomodation is in the caravan park so it's cheap! Lots of entertainment at night and a good chance to meet the pro riders(male and female)
More info coming

eppo
WA, 9378 posts
22 Aug 2018 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

what about Leo PGC? Does he have a realistic chance?

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
22 Aug 2018 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Colinwilton said..

vendeavours said..

You dont you get it Leo has no future he is 38 years old and dont he give a **** he just want to see a great comp in a great spot with good wind and waves

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
what about Leo PGC? Does he have a realistic chance?

As Collin stated he has no future LOL He has a chance as long as Collin dose not get him black listed

pgc
VIC, 883 posts
22 Aug 2018 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

No idea have not seen him kite close up in two years

Colinwilton
57 posts
22 Aug 2018 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

No worries me and Leo will be there to watch the true legends like Airton and Mito and Keahi
And who doesnt belive im real can lick my balls

Chris_M
2129 posts
22 Aug 2018 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Damn this thread has it all!
I'd watch out for that fella Colin though, sounds like a bit of a bunny boiler!

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
22 Aug 2018 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Colinwilton said..
And who doesnt belive im real can lick my balls

I'll fly down from the east coast just to see you "real can lick my balls".Or watch Leo lick them or whichever it is.

Colinwilton
57 posts
22 Aug 2018 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pgc said..
No idea have not seen him kite close up in two years

He is only getting worst not kiting much and working full time

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Australian wave Nationals 2018" started by Zebra80