Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

Naish Surf Foil Jet 2000

Created by bigtone667 > 9 months ago, 25 Jul 2019
bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
25 Jul 2019 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

I was given the opportunity to have a run on the Naish Surf Foil Jet 2000 on the Surf Comet Board (4'6" I think) with a Naish Pivot 8m kite.
Here are my thoughts.....

This wing is huge but the weight of the foil and board combo are ridiculously light.

The board was waxed with a tail pad only and off I went. I struggled to get onto such a floaty board without straps, but I eventually figured it out. The board is really nice and small and there no swing weight.

I was in conditions that were 15 to 20 knots, then 0 knots, then 15 to 20 knots. So, foil, swim, foil.

The wing has excellent lift and is super super smooth. I had no issues staying up on the wing at about 7 knots.
The Naish feels faster than the equivalent sized AXIS, but unfortunately I did not have my GPS watch to confirm my suspicion.

Goes upwind really well, gybes really well.

I had the smaller rear wing (320 I think) and it turns this foil into a super fun carving machine. No dramas getting nice lift/push from little six inch lake ripples.

It left a big smile on my face and I felt the foil is much better the Naish XL and XXL wings I owned.

Three cheers to Niash for moving the rear wing above the fuselage.

My lasting impression is ...... man that is smooth.

Livit
WA, 542 posts
25 Jul 2019 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Over $ 2K for a set up with Aluminium mast..... Now that more people got the bug they are rising prices....

bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
26 Jul 2019 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

My general impression is all the hydrofoil prices are coming down because of so much competition. My local dealer has about 5 or 6 different brands as floor stock.

Livit
WA, 542 posts
26 Jul 2019 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bigtone667 said..
My general impression is all the hydrofoil prices are coming down because of so much competition. My local dealer has about 5 or 6 different brands as floor stock.

If you are comparing to full carbon set up then yes the price got down.

Offering an aluminium set up with that kind of price tag is just taking the piss really... There is not much more difference in price with a Moses that has a full carbon mast and which is made in a 1st world country....

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"Naish Surf Foil Jet 2000" started by bigtone667