Received and assembled

Duff15
VIC, 249 posts
13 Feb 2019 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..
Received and assembled

Lovely mate hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
14 Feb 2019 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Despite my best effort I launched my 10.4 Strutless Cloud kite in less than 3kn breeze and it flew nicely.
But alass my 683 Moses is still a virgin.
Try again tomorrow.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
15 Feb 2019 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Not sorry I have a 683 and on the 71 mast perfect.
Bring on tomorrow.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
16 Feb 2019 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Last comment
Did 12 k more than normal at today's session as this foil is much kinder on my legs and knees at 72.
Supper carvey, stable when wanted and fast acceleration.
Best foil by a long way that I've had but not low cost.

riddim1
QLD, 147 posts
17 Feb 2019 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..

warwickl said..
Still smiling.
Tomorrow I'll go back on my Naish medium for a recheck for comparison.

Naish medium is a very good foil once graphics are all wet and dry 1200 grit smooth sanded.
However now having foiled the Moses 683 Naish is not as smooth.
Yesterday's conditions and today's were similar ie less than 10k wind speed using 10.4 strutless kite.
Results from my GPS watch were close with 683 very slightly faster.
So in summary I feel for my ability I have reached the best I'll get out of the Naish and feel the 683 Moses being faster in acceleration, smoothness and playfulness will help me progress.
Note: my demo on the 683 was on a 60cm mast so harder to push for speed .
Naish is on 70cm mast.
I will keep my Naish and may (most likely) get the 683.

Hi Warwick,
Could I confirm if your Naish Med is the 2018 or 2019 model and what Naish rear wing you were riding in comparing with the Moses 683 ie. The Surf or the KS 2?
cheers

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
17 Feb 2019 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
riddim1 said..

warwickl said..

warwickl said..
Still smiling.

Naish medium is a very good foil once graphics are all wet and dry 1200 grit smooth sanded.
Yesterday's conditions and today's were similar ie less than 10k wind speed using 10.4 strutless kite.
So in summary I feel for my ability I have reached the best I'll get out of the Naish and feel the 683 Moses being faster in acceleration, smoothness and playfulness will help me progress.
Naish is on 70cm mast.

Hi Warwick,
Could I confirm if your Naish Med is the 2018 or 2019 model and what Naish rear wing you were riding in comparing with the Moses 683 ie. The Surf or the KS 2?
cheers

My Naish medium is the SUP surf wing and rear wing ie the heavy one with yellow graphics . Not the kite medium.
Not the latest light version which is possibly the 2019.
I have foiled on both and can not tell the difference once up on the foil.
I have the 2019 lighter XL version for SUP foiling.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
17 Feb 2019 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

I know I promised no more comment.
But check the max speed I did on my Moses 683 today in a short session.

Duff15
VIC, 249 posts
19 Feb 2019 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..
I know I promised no more comment.
But check the max speed I did on my Moses 683 today in a short session.

Haha you were flying mate.

Livit
WA, 542 posts
19 Feb 2019 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..
Despite my best effort I launched my 10.4 Strutless Cloud kite in less than 3kn breeze and it flew nicely.

We know they can float in very light wind but I am struggling to believe it would fly nicely in less than 3kn....

airsail
QLD, 1240 posts
19 Feb 2019 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

I have had similar glitches, but not that large with my garmin. Seems to happen if my wrist is slightly underwater when the watch checks in with the satellite, eg after a crash.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
19 Feb 2019 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Livit said..

warwickl said..

We know they can float in very light wind but I am struggling to believe it would fly nicely in less than 3kn....

3kn was my estimate as near no wind could be felt and occasionally I had to move the kite just incase.
I do use very very thin 32m race lines (100 & 200 kg) which makes a big difference in super light wind.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
19 Feb 2019 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
airsail said..
I have had similar glitches, but not that large with my garmin. Seems to happen if my wrist is slightly underwater when the watch checks in with the satellite, eg after a crash.

Agree most glitches are significantly smaller that's why I was convinced Moses must have helped. Some crashes do feel super fast and hard.
I get the occasional glitch when kayaking and watch not in the water.

Duff15
VIC, 249 posts
24 Feb 2019 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..

riddim1 said..

warwickl said..

warwickl said..
Still smiling.

Naish is on 70cm mast.

Hi Warwick,
cheers

My Naish medium is the SUP surf wing and rear wing ie the heavy one with yellow graphics . Not the kite medium.

Have you tried surf foiling yet? Keen to try it

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
24 Feb 2019 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Duff15 said..

warwickl said..

riddim1 said..

warwickl said..

warwickl said..
Still smiling.

Naish is on 70cm mast.

Hi Warwick,
cheers

Have you tried surf foiling yet? Keen to try it

Not with Moses 683 however in 20 to 25 kn wind on a lake with a long fetch small waves are fun.
The 683 is so easy to turn carving and chasing peaks on these waves is a lot of fun.
Hope to get into some ocean swell soon.

wdric
NSW, 1625 posts
25 Feb 2019 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..

20 to 25 kn wind on a lake with

I was down your way on Saturday, I made it round that mark out off cams wharf for the HCW regatta
Seen a little hammer head south of Pulbah island too

Duff15
VIC, 249 posts
27 Apr 2019 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Just had a **** hot session on this baby. 15-25 knots on a 4m kite. Sop much fun. Would recommend you try and demo the 683.

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
15 May 2019 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Duff15 said..
Just had a **** hot session on this baby. 15-25 knots on a 4m kite. Sop much fun. Would recommend you try and demo the 683.

Hey Duff, Having looked into Moses wings a bit I can see now that you guys are actually talking about, specifically, the "683S" wing, the surf wing, rather than the "683" wing, which is the windsurf wing. I thought the Slingshot wings were confusing until I started looking at Moses!
The 683 and 683S appear to be different wings despite their almost identical names
How is the leading edge fit with the fuselage? Do you notice any gap?
Any closeups you can post would be appreciated.
Do you have the 710 or the 749 fuselage?

benmj
VIC, 71 posts
15 May 2019 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

HI Natho
The 683 S is the kite / surf wing fits on the 749 fuselage and the new 710 fuselage and the windsurf fuselage
The 683 is the windsurf specific wing, it fits on the windsurf fuselage
No gaps
Hope this helps

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
15 May 2019 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
benmj said..
HI Natho
The 683 S is the kite / surf wing fits on the 749 fuselage and the new 710 fuselage and the windsurf fuselage
No gaps
Hope this helps

I had a gap on my 683S to 749 however checking today it almost closed up.
I hope this is good without distorting the wing?

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
15 May 2019 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..

benmj said..
HI Natho
No gaps
Hope this helps

Seems bizarre to have any gap. How big do you reckon it was? Apparently the 633 doesn't have a gap when bolted to the same fuse...

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
15 May 2019 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
natho6026961 said..

warwickl said..

benmj said..
HI Natho
No gaps
Hope this helps

Seems bizarre to have any gap. How big do you reckon it was? Apparently the 633 doesn't have a gap when bolted to the same fuse...

More than 1.5mm, it's now about .5mm

Duff15
VIC, 249 posts
15 May 2019 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
natho6026961 said..

Duff15 said..

Hey Duff, Having looked into Moses wings a bit I can see now that you guys are actually talking about, specifically, the "683S" wing, the surf wing, rather than the "683" wing, which is the windsurf wing. I thought the Slingshot wings were confusing until I started looking at Moses!
The 683 and 683S appear to be different wings despite their almost identical names

Hey mate, I have zero gaps on mine. If there is it may possibly need a tighten up? Moses has a great reputation and stand by there products. This is my second Moses set up and had zero issues/problems.

Get a demo if you get a chance you will not regret it. Any questions let me know.

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
15 May 2019 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..

natho6026961 said..

warwickl said..

benmj said..
HI Natho
No gaps
Hope this helps

More than 1.5mm, it's now about .5mm

Cheers, doesn't seem much

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
15 May 2019 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Duff15 said..

natho6026961 said..

Duff15 said..

Hey mate, I have zero gaps on mine. If there is it may possibly need a tighten up? Moses has a great reputation and stand by there products. This is my second Moses set up and had zero issues/problems.

Get a demo if you get a chance you will not regret it. Any questions let me know.

Looks like some get a gap and others don't. It's being discussed on kiteforum. I guess no product is perfect and there are acceptable tolerances. Not trying to run down Moses. I've just ordered the slingshot moses adapter (to delay buying a moses mast for a while). Based on what everyone else reckons, the 683S seems like a good wing

DukeSilver
WA, 380 posts
15 May 2019 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
natho6026961 said..

Duff15 said..

natho6026961 said..

Duff15 said..

Looks like some get a gap and others don't. It's being discussed on kiteforum. I guess no product is perfect and there are acceptable tolerances. Not trying to run down Moses. I've just ordered the slingshot moses adapter (to delay buying a moses mast for a while). Based on what everyone else reckons, the 683S seems like a good wing

Hey Natho,

I'm just about to do the same as you - buy the Slingshot mast adapter, and get the Moses 683s. Sounds like a great wing and just what I want. Can you tell me where you ordered the adapter from and what it cost please? I also saw the wing / fuse gap on Kiteforum. I hope it's not a common issue.

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
15 May 2019 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DukeSilver said..
Hey Natho,

I'm just about to do the same as you - buy the Slingshot mast adapter, and get the Moses 683s. Sounds like a great wing and just what I want. Can you tell me where you ordered the adapter from and what it cost please? I also saw the wing / fuse gap on Kiteforum. I hope it's not a common issue.

Texas City, direct from Foilmount.com. Couldn't find one in Aus. $100 USD including freight, $144 AUD. Ultimately I want the Moses 101 mast, one day. I figure if I buy in increments it doesn't hurt so much! In any event I'll still want a shorter mast and plan to use the SS setup. There's a vid on youtube using the adapter and they reckon the difference was pretty much negligible.

DukeSilver
WA, 380 posts
15 May 2019 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
natho6026961 said..

DukeSilver said..
Hey Natho,

Texas City, direct from Foilmount.com. Couldn't find one in Aus. $100 USD including freight, $144 AUD. Ultimately I want the Moses 101 mast, one day. I figure if I buy in increments it doesn't hurt so much! In any event I'll still want a shorter mast and plan to use the SS setup. There's a vid on youtube using the adapter and they reckon the difference was pretty much negligible.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm going to get the 91 eventually I think. Apparently Jim Stringfellow makes an adapter thats more hydrodynamic than the original one. I'll be keen to hear how it goes once you get it.

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
16 May 2019 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DukeSilver said..
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm going to get the 91 eventually I think. Apparently Jim Stringfellow makes an adapter thats more hydrodynamic than the original one. I'll be keen to hear how it goes once you get it.

The dudes at Mackiteboarding reckoned they could notice a bit of a hum at higher speed but not an issue for cruising around.

Didn't see the Stringy one - a bit more rounded. Too late now!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"Moses 683" started by Duff15