Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

Moses 633 kitefoiling setup

Created by Rebelrida > 9 months ago, 31 May 2018
Rebelrida
QLD, 13 posts
31 May 2018 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hey loving my new big Italian (633) kitefoiling setup Slightly .Modified to fit slingshot 610mm mast.For shallow water kite cruising Complete..Setup weight with DIY carbon board 5.9kg. .....Minus the board.. 3.75kg for mast ,fuse baseplate,wings ,not bad.....Performance wise this beast rocks .Gets up on the plane straightup without rocketing skywards.Once up rock solid steady.without excessive front foot pressure to keep nose down ...This thing powers up surprisingly fast and maintans a quick pace .not slow or draggy ,This thing excells in transitions, whips around into toeside with ease and continues to maintain toeside tracking as long as you want Great for doing figure 8s .Footplacement seems to be very forgiving when it comes to Gybing doesn't seem to stall and stays up on the foil through gybes and turns. Wow only tried with a short mast and ventilation wasn't a problem .But will be interesting to see how it goes with a longer mast .And only kited in mushy chop .Bet it would be great in the surf too.Anyway thats my Rant on this Great foil....

CJ2478
NSW, 482 posts
31 May 2018 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

nice!

whats the board made from?

ludbey
TAS, 85 posts
31 May 2018 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

What did you have to change to fit the slingshot mast?
cheers Tony

Rebelrida
QLD, 13 posts
31 May 2018 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CJ2478 said..
nice!

Hi board blank is $12 multi use Knauf insulation foam Board from Bunnings.wrapped with budget 12k carbon fibre cloth .And Deckgrip is a piece of foam matting ($25 roll ) enough to do a few boards from cheap shop..

Rebelrida
QLD, 13 posts
31 May 2018 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ludbey said..
What did you have to change to fit the slingshot mast?
cheers Tony

Hi holes almost lineup 1 to 2mm out .Mast profile was too wide to fit into the moses fuse ...Ground down a few mm either side of the mast with grinder. Then driiled out the 6mm to 8mm holes on the moses fuse to take the bolts for the slingshot mast.. job done

CJ2478
NSW, 482 posts
1 Jun 2018 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rebelrida said..

CJ2478 said..
nice!

Hi board blank is $12 multi use Knauf insulation foam Board from Bunnings.wrapped with budget 12k carbon fibre cloth .And Deckgrip is a piece of foam matting ($25 roll ) enough to do a few boards from cheap shop..

damn didnt know bunnings did this foam. what did you use to shape it? might knock one up myself. seems cheaper than paulownia

Rebelrida
QLD, 13 posts
1 Jun 2018 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Shaped using coarse sandpaper with sanding block.formed the rocker with heavy weight and clamping . didn't vacuum bag ,just epoxy,carbon cloth ,heavy peel ply with paper towels to absorb excess resin cover with plastic wrap.then clamp down .The foam is also great for making wings too .The foam is epoxy friendly too ,wont melt it.. Some of my foil prototypes

freotilo
WA, 18 posts
5 Jun 2018 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

hez rebel

really interested in the ur setup as I come from a slingshot system and looking to upgrade to Moses and just cant bring myself to invest in the carbon mast for that kind of money if slingy is an option..

any real life or short term experiences with ur set up after riding it a bit .. any corrosion or similar happening and how worries were u about the drilling in the fuse and stiffness of the connection ..?

cheers and have fun with it

Rebelrida
QLD, 13 posts
7 Jun 2018 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey .No corrosion issues so far .Seems to be holding together all ok too.The mast fuse connection is holding out fine.Still loving the moses large wing experience. ...

freotilo
WA, 18 posts
8 Jun 2018 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

hey man cheers for ur time and effort to post this so far

I want to copy ur setup is there any chance for a detail pic of the drilled out fuselage without the bolts in and do you think the modification is gonna effect disassembly in the future ..?

Rebelrida
QLD, 13 posts
10 Jun 2018 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Hey here's some closeups of the mods .The holes on the fuselage were the easiset drilling out to 8mm from 6mm.Shouldn't have too much impact if later on if I want to use a carbon mast .The slingy mast took a bit of grinding,
but still plenty of alloy to take the 8mm bolts .Good luck

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"Moses 633 kitefoiling setup" started by Rebelrida