Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

Any converts from Moses 633 to Armstrong foils?

Created by Swavek > 9 months ago, 16 Nov 2020
Swavek
WA, 393 posts
16 Nov 2020 5:20AM
Thumbs Up

Had my gear stolen (carbonco board and Moses 633 foil) - I know, it sucks, hope the person who took it sh!ts barb wire for the rest of their days.

Loved my 633 wing but titanium/carbon fuselage of Armstrong means almost no maintenance and no corrosion issues - tempted for this one reason alone.

Any of the Armstrong wings offer similar characteristics to 633?

Aspiremr
WA, 108 posts
18 Nov 2020 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

NO way, stolen only 3 days after you said in another thread you wouldn't be changing wings.Oh well, the upside, now you get a wing that is more suited to jumping. The 633 is to big for ease of entry and exit from water in a jump. 550, 558, 590 all jump spectacularly well. I know, not Armstrong, and use the moses Kite fuse rather than Surf fuse. But magic wings.

DukeSilver
WA, 380 posts
18 Nov 2020 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

**** Swavek, that's terrible to hear. Bloody thieving bastards!! Where was it stolen from? You'll have to have a chat with Jason at WA Surf. I think the CF1200 may be the closest wing in terms of surface area, but may be a little slower. There's a good breakdown / review of the Armstrong foils in the gear review section if you haven't seen it already.

Swavek
WA, 393 posts
18 Nov 2020 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, spoke to Jason of WA Surf, have a demo lined up - 1050, 1200, 1250

Might still end up with Moses 633, I am progressing VERY slowly and don't want to stall my progress by difficult to ride foil. 633 is so much fun, big wing, easy, but still fast enough.

photo of my old foil if you spot it somewhere....

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
20 Nov 2020 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Typo in this post,
Armstrong to Moses is more like it.
Note Armstrong need to have lots of guys post but most Moses guys just let their on water performance do the talking.

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
20 Nov 2020 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Swavek if you decide to go back to the 633, PM me as I have the front wing that I'm thinking of selling. Haven't used it for ages.

What happened to your red pocket board you made? that was a little ripper

Swavek
WA, 393 posts
21 Nov 2020 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Still got my red board, bought Armstrong 1050 after all and used it with my red board. Great fun on 1050, less stable than 633 but faster and I am getting the hang of it. No buyer's remorse - 633 is a great foil but 1050 seems like a good progression foil and most of all, don't need to put it apart to prevent corrosion.

natho6026961
WA, 115 posts
22 Nov 2020 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear you are back on the water.

After riding the 633 a while myself I too found a bit more speed and bit less stability was a good move. For me that was the Moses 683S, similar wing area to the 1050.

Hope karma catches up to the ffn bowel ending who nicked your stuff

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
22 Nov 2020 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
natho6026961 said..
Great to hear you are back on the water.

After riding the 633 a while myself I too found a bit more speed and bit less stability was a good move. For me that was the Moses 683S, similar wing area to the 1050.

Hope karma catches up to the ffn bowel ending who nicked your stuff

Plus 1 for the 683s even better with 420/421 stabiliser

drsurf
NSW, 177 posts
22 Nov 2020 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Plus 2 for the Moses 679, (formerly known as the 683s).

Haven't tried the 420/421 stabiliser though. Might give it a go this week.

Swavek
WA, 393 posts
24 Nov 2020 6:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..
Typo in this post,
Armstrong to Moses is more like it.
Note Armstrong need to have lots of guys post but most Moses guys just let their on water performance do the talking.

Not criticising Moses gear, it is great, no question, was just hunting for something equal or similar that has no corrosion issues. After two years my Moses had corrosion on the fuselage in the mast pocket and pitting along the wing line. Mast to fuselage bolts seemed to get loose after every session and are rather small diameter - heard of them snapping mid session. I have not looked well after my Moses, did not wash it after every use, almost never removed wings, so Mia culpa, however with Armstrong I don't have to do it and it should be fine.

Anyway, loving my 1050 new Armstrong foil, nothing wrong with its performance compared to Moses 633, in fact now, that I learned the basics of foiling, I already like it more than 633 - notably faster and better upwind performance. 633 was better for learning, but 1050 is not significantly harder.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
24 Nov 2020 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Only joking as trying to stir Hilly.
Most brands are good these days with lots of options.
I've accumulated so much Moses gear I am locked in.
Its interesting that many Moses wings etc stay available for many seasons, 633 is an example but there are many. This helps resale value.
I have 4 different front wings (all still current) and 4 stabilisers.
I have not had any issues and do look after my gear on a regular basis every few sessions.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"Any converts from Moses 633 to Armstrong foils?" started by Swavek