Safe Kiting Guidelines
Kitesurfing can be safe as houses if you keep your wits about you.
The Kiting Associations of Australia have put together the CLEAR system to help you remember what's important.
* Wind strength
* Wind direction
* Always keep downwind area well clear
* Waves, tides & currents
* Consider possible changes
* Before you launch, land, jump, jibe, etc
* Always pre-flight check
* Use a kite leash (not a board leash!)
* Use a quick release on anything you hook into
* Practise using your safety systems regularly so that it becomes instinctive
* Never exceed manufacturers specifications
* Always seek and listen to local advice
* Don't exceed your limitations
* Use judgement to prevent situations, not rely on skill to try and get out of it
* Others - be considerate and courteous to all other water and beach users
* The law
* Fellow kiters - follow right of way rules
* The environment
How to go from Surfing to Kitesurfing
If you've never kitesurfed before, but love your surfing, then read on to see how you can turn those blown-out days into something amazing...
How to pack your kitesurfing bag for travelling
Going away on a kiteboarding trip can be a total disaster if you don't pack your kite properly.